Frustration level : tad high

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fogcutter, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

Ok gang,

I'm just going to come out and ask....does ANYONE know if the recipe for Rock Maple Long Bowstave exists on a vendor or is it now a drop?

I spend hours last night searching vendors, messaging people on my friends list and searching the forums and even Discord. Now I have the feeling I've wasted those hours that I could have spent playing. If it's a drop...well ok....need to find where it might drop and start hunting but the frustration here is NOT KNOWING if it's a drop or if there's some vendor out there that has it.

Before you ask...yes...checked 3 carpenter vendors that I could find. They had all recipes (just about) EXCEPT the Long bowstave.

foggy

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Numa and Xandra7 like this.
  2. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I'm not sure if it will work, but have you tried to learn it by using the Pine Long Bowstave or Maple Long Bowstave recipes and replacing the Pine/Maple with Rock Maple?

3. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Pretty sure it's a drop. The higher end recipes I've been seeing dropping in yellow or higher supply bundles i.e. Meteoric Iron Sheet. I haven't seen Rock Maple Long Bowstave, but I would bet it's the same

4. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Rock Maple has never been discoverable (maybe once a long long long time ago, maybe, but I'm not positive about that). But in recent times, it is not discoverable and not teachable.

Can give it a try tho, but don't get your hopes up.

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I will have to admit that the recent recipe location changes have made crafting a tad frustrating. It doesn't have to be like every vendor has everything, but there should be a way to find out where or how to get a recipe you know exists. Maybe by asking an NPC like adventurer trainers do, or something, anything...

Hornpipe, Numa, amarious and 2 others like this.
  6. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

Not discover able....tried it already after getting some advice.

7. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Yep, that's my experience. I've had Hardened Leather and Carapacian Cloth Strap from yellow bundles. I think they're expecting players will farm these things and you'll start to see dedicated player vendors for them once supply builds up. Would be nice if you could put in buy orders for recipes you need though.

8. Viola Vidason

Viola Vidason Avatar

Actually I bet you're right, and it will be a good thing in the long run because of it. Buy orders are a must though, for those and many other things.

If you just need a bowstave or two right now, bring me the materials and I can make it for you.

9. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

Amazingly, you're the 3rd person who's offered to craft the bow stave for me....which is awesome and a testament to how great the community is on these boards and in-game. I might even take you up on your offer but the whole point is to be able to craft it myself. I'm not looking to make gold selling bows. Just trying to raise skills and experiment for myself and that includes crafting the bow stave.

Right now I'm just looking for a definitive answer: Is this a drop now and if it is....where do I start hunting?

10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I wish i could tell ya. Though my first guess would be they ripped it off vendors to try to give supply bundles some meaning.

11. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Last time I looked they were called simply "bowstave"... There were short bowstaves & bowstaves, never seen any long bowstave before...

12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Only @Chris or the other devs could tell you definitively if its a drop, but its likely.

Assuming it is a yellow or higher supply bag drop, you would need to start in Tier 5 scenes (only seen grey reported in Tier 4), and preferably on Tier 6+ mobs to get any reasonable drop rate. Alternatively, look on the vendors of those who do kill in those tiers.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There has been a lot of dissent about how anyone can make anything they need and there's really no market for crafted goods. I think this is just one alteration in preparation for release that will attempt to correct that.

MrBlight likes this.
  14. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Giving folk a monopoly on certain recipes (goods) they bought before the change is not the right way to go about building a good crafting system.
    Obviously this change made some very happy, for others who go through the crazy grind of leveling their craft, to end up missing the better recipes ... not so much amusement there.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm not for or against it but you can't have it both ways. Also, it's not really a monopoly since, if you persist, you will ultimately aquire the recipe.

Wintermute of CoF and MrBlight like this.
  16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Here is my question I asked for the Telethon:

Nikko likes this.
  17. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

The proper way to have gone about this was to implement NEW recipes in this goody bag fashion. This is a complete sham and a crying shame that they're making an already miserable thing like crafting even more miserable for people starting out.

Chatele, Xandra7 and amarious like this.
  18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Given just how many of these recipes there must be (50 or more?), a drop rate this low and not being teachable means that it could be a loooooong time before there is any significant learning of these recipes. That's what happens when you multiply a fraction by a fraction, you get a much smaller fraction.

Chatele likes this.
  19. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Except all of us that have learned the recipes will place them on our vendors. I have a bunch on mine, all at cut rate prices. They really have no value to me and it does not make sense to wait months for a buyer at high prices.

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
  20. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

Should be adoris........... But they really shafted all the new players. All the backers have the recipes from discovery.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.