Game crashed an Pc restart. Need Help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Thorben, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

There are many issues that cause random restarts. If you have a crack in any part of the motherboard, components,etc, these may not cause a problem until the component(s) or MB reaches a certain temperature. A burn-in test won't catch problems that didn't develop until after being shipped. Most motherboards have protection for overheating built in to the motherboard, and some motherboards also have some degree of surge protection. I wouldn't assume that it's any of these issues though, unless the issue is happening in other software. If you think heat is an issue on your PC, start monitoring it. PSU's can definitely cause weird issues with your computer, but again, if your issue is isolated to one game, I wouldn't think that to be an issue. Other than that, every time something malfunctions on your computer you will be testing components, running benchmarks and reseating ram/components.

The game can and does crash the whole computer without there being a "hardware" issue. It can be a driver issue, but I don't think that is the case at all, in most cases. These crashes/lockups are occurring on various OS's, CPU's and GPU's. It's something in the game that is causing the issues. Prior to the current release, I had no issues with the game locking up or the computer crashing for several releases. But, at a point, I did have issues with CTD's, game lockup-ups, computer lockups; which were cleared up several releases ago. They are now back. In addition,for me at least, these issues only happen on this particular piece of software.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. neveser

neveser Avatar

You could always check youy event log. If it's software related (like a driver) you might see something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.