Game does not like Threadripper!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Broke, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broke

Broke Avatar

Makes me very sad that the game and the AMD 1950x Threadripper are mortal enemies that are sure to cause a system crash if you have more than 8 of the 16 cores active. It just makes it less fun for multitasking I was hoping to render video while playing but that I guess will remain a dream until you can make them play nice together :(

2. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

That's disappointing. I'm strongly considering a threadripper. Hopefully they'll have a fix fairly quickly.

3. Katu

Katu Avatar

Its rare that game does something like that, I think ( In my case its has been always hardware issue ).
    Have you updated motherboard BIOS? I would first, try to eliminate all the external factors. Total System crash, makes me suspect hardware failure. Have you run some CPU tester, that can really put it to use, like PassMark, FutureMark Cpu tests or something. If you get it to happen without the game, then its obviously something else and you can send the CPU back to factory

Does this happen with any other games?

4. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

What OS are you using? Could be just a simple driver issue? Also, there is a debug mode in game that can help with isolating the cause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.