Game History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

With the recent downsizing, it occurred to me that it would be interesting to create a POT reserved for people who worked on our game. The people who are leaving now could be awarded with a special lot in this POT. Being a one- only type of development, perhaps unique deco, unique mobs, and other such could be used by each departing person for making a statement about their work that would encourage and inspire through all the episodes. Who knows, one day exploring the area one might meet our heroes from time to time. I wonder if the recently departed would be interested in designing their place in our history pot?

MFWalter, By Tor and marthos like this.
  2. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I would like to see some "tip-of-the-hat" to the departed devs. Maybe their names on tombstones in Brittany Graveyard?

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. marthos

marthos Avatar

Great idea!! I love it

By Tor likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I was still hoping they'd be in the game in a more substantial way.

So, Lord British and DarkStarr are both present in the game as players and also as characters. In past Ultima games, we've seen Dallas (Gorn, De Snel, Dallas Garret), Denis Loubet (Monsieur Loubet), Chuck Bueche (Chuckles), Warren Specter (Spektor, Dr. Spector), among others. This is even forgetting that a lot of the other characters, including Iolo and Dupre, were based on real-life persons.

So where are we now? I know that Scottie has a role-playing persona and that we have hopes to see him in game, as well as have an in-game portrait. What about the rest of the devs though, past and present? Lum the Mad, Atos, Berek, Sorcerous Steve, etc., who are they to the game world? A name on a gravestone seems a very minimal role for Lum in New Britannia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.