Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game sets resolution to native desktop resolution rather than game settings resolution

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Magus54, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magus54

Magus54 Avatar

05/30/2019 11:21
    Title: Display resets to 4k native desktop resolution rather than game settings resolution.
    Reproduction Rate: Sometimes? -- was doing it 100% a few moments ago, but now it's not happening at the moment. I've also experienced it in the past as well, but it seems like overall a 15% to 25% encounter rate. --waited about 3 minutes and did further testing by going into different zones and then going back into harvest, and it happened again. So it may be difficult to re-produce reliably.

Blocker? partial blocker: My video card failed a little while ago and i am running Intel processor graphics currently until i can get a new one in. Running Intel processor graphics makes my 4k desktop resolution practically impossible to play. I need to go to video settings each time to reset the graphics to almost the lowest settings possible which is a slow process (due to low FPS at 4k resolution).

Details: When investigating further, it seems when arriving in towns it pulls the native desktop resolution rather than the game settings. I've did a quick test by using a teleport to zone to a mine/adventure area and this issue did not occur. I believe I've had the issue occur in the past when switching to the world view map and also in towns. I cannot recall if it happened in any adventurer areas.

Steps to Reproduce: have a high resolution settings on your desktop, low resolution in your game settings before entering town, and enter a town (i entered the harvest town a few times, and it kept visually adjusting my resolution to my desktop settings 3840 x 2160-- while still displaying the selected 1280x720 29hz in the game setting options). The settings in the options will still show the low resolution as being set, but visually my display certainly shows the higher 4k resolution due to clarity of the imagery in town, and the lagginess of moving the mouse and accessing settings (i.e. if you are able to re-produce this issue, There should be clear difference visually between 4k and 720p). To reset the graphics back to what shows in the options, i need to click on the in-game resolution (1280x720) and re-select it. To re-emphasize, the resolution settings in options does not change and still displays 1280x720, but the game video resolution itself changes to 4k. This game was run in full-screen mode during the issue. On further testing, you may need to do this every so often, since the steps above do not reliably re-produce the error.

When on the load screen, it seems the issue presents itself around the coordinating data portion of the load screen. I can tell due to the font clarity and size adjustment.

This is an additional information to the bug reported here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ative-resolution-on-every-zone-change.123560/ I could not reply on that post and it was marked as need more information.

Thanks!

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16258
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 GPU RAM: 1136
    SotA.Win.64.981.Date.05.30.19
    Area: Novia_R8_City_Harvest
    Area Display Name: Harvest
    Loc: (-275.1, 64.8, 458.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfQ2l0eV9IYXJ2ZXN0fHwoLTI3NS4xMDgsIDY0Ljc5NCwgNDU4LjI3Nil8KDAsIC0xLCAwLCAwLjAxKXwxODEuMTU3NXwxMHwxMC45NDU3Ng==

2. Magus54

Magus54 Avatar

Oh, this happened before release 66, so this is not a r66 bug, but a general bug, as you can see from the other link i posted above approximately a year ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.