Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Games close itself

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by Sindariya, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

1. Reproduction Rate: can't reproduce it
    2. Blocker? YES
    3. Details: I have the issue, that my client is closing itself without any message while I'm in action in a scene. I'm not switching scenes or anything. Mostly I'm in the middle of a fight, when it happens. Can't see anything that is causing it. Just had 2 of these issues in the last 1hour. I can restart my client with the launcher without issues. Last time even that fast that I could resume the game.
    4. Steps to Reproduce: No idea
    5. User Specs:
      CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz (4) System RAM: 8113
      GPU: AMD Radeon R7 M260 GPU RAM: 2036
      SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.398.Date.04.04.16
      Area: Novia_R2_Hills01_CragFoothills
      Loc: (152.6, 52.0, 7.1)

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

If possible, the next time you crash to desktop, do not restart the client immediately. Instead, go to the game's install directory and copy the output_log.txt and email it to me at rromero@portalarium.com. It's possible there's an error logged in there somewhere for us to trace. After that, you may resume your client-fun. :)

Thanks, Riya!

3. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I did that and will mail it now, but there is nothing in it.

By the way it was now 6 times. I give up in this scene.

Dariog likes this.
  4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Like looking for a needle in a haystack. But on the rare occasion, we do find it. ;)

5. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So one thing I have noticed is that usually about 15 min after I get and purify the zombie clap or after I purify and leave the area, my game client will crash to desktop requiring a restart.

To reproduce this, go to bright bone pass, set off the control point until the zombies appear, fight them and get the zombie clap. purify the zombie clap and either A) keep wandering around in that area, or B) for faster results, head out one of the exits. For me and a regular I group with, this happens 100% of the time.

Dariog likes this.
  6. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Zombies are still causing crashes, apparently. This has happened to me in several different areas on many occasions. If you fight a zombie you get the plague, but it has no effect on your health points. Purify doesn't work to cure it, but it doesn't matter. Almost always, several minutes later the game crashes to desktop. Sometimes it will crash to desktop in the middle of combat with zombies. This happened to me twice this morning (within 20 minutes) in Crag Foothills.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.