Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Give experience points when Harvesting was unsuccessfully

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by Gatsu., Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

for example:
    fail to harvesting a copper vein (200 exp points on some places) can give a player the EXP/10 points (with a chance to destroy vein...)

just for reagents/cotton/vein.. this is not applicable for for trees...

2. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Why is it not applicable for trees, if you just hack at a tree over & over, you'll ruin the wood for any good use.

3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Whaaat....???

4. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

So then would you not get the XP for finally gathering the stuff? Or maybe reduce the amount you get when finally successful by the amount you've already earned.

Earn 10% of your success % in XP each attempt. If you gather 25% of the nodes value before harvesting it, you destroy it.

Edit: I just realized that is a horrible equation. :p

5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

You should get nothing on a fail... The third tier in the tree allows you to pump up the chance of the node remaining active for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th harvest (I have personally harvested an iron node 9 times, a grizzly bear 6 time, spiders 5 times), so to me it makes total sense that on a fail, you get nothing... Not even exp...

If you keep attempting high level nodes, you will fail a lot... Chris explained that on a fail, your tool will take wear, and therefor you would want to minimize that (prosperity tools don't have wear) when you use NPC tools...

6. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

i think timers should be looked at, and pros tools have a +chance to failure rates over npc tools currently, so yeah. as far as failing and getting xp, i think i'd rather take back the time it takes to harvest, esp since if you multi-a-node it's 10-15 seconds of waiting on a cast bar.

7. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

Not applicable for trees because the tree can't be cut... (cut = success) and can't be destroyed (player=captain america?) and can't be used to increase exp points retryng... retryng for hours... using some type of mouse/keyboard MACRO-app...

(maybe add to tree a long long timer to harvesting.. 1 minute... and after that timer.. the tree will be cut without loot with 2-8 exp points)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.