Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Glyphs with a condition to activate their effects should give a UI cue

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Aetrion, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

There are a few glyphs in the game that require a specific condition to be met before they get their full effect. For example Riposte, Opportunity Strike, and Aetheric Feedback.

Currently there is nothing that lets you know when this effect can trigger however, which makes these very difficult to use, and depend on trying to read combat logs or watching the damage numbers very closely, which is distracting and pulls concentration away from managing your hot bar and generally paying attention to the fight.

I think there should be a UI cue in the game for abilities that have effects that only activate when a specific condition is met. For example, when a glyph of Aetheric Feedback is on your bar and you land a crit there could be a subtle audio cue and the edge of the glyph lights up for as long as the synergy is available. Once the time window has passed the edge of the glyph stops glowing, so you don't have to guess if you're still in the window or not when you were in the middle of casting something else when it went off.

The same mechanic would be used for similar abilities like Riposte or Opportunity Strike.

This would heavily improve UI feedback to the user, making these abilities a lot more fun and rewarding to use, rather than making it a frustrating experience where you have to pay constant attention to very spammy combat logs or damage floaters trying to catch a glimpse of what you need for these abilities to work.

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I've also been wishing that Aetheric Feedback could give a visual indication of when using it will activate the focus regeneration. It's supposed to be after a crit, but the only way I know to tell that I've had a crit is to see it in the rapidly scrolling chat log.

I would love for the glyph to get a shiny highlight or something when its extra effect is available.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I like the idea.

4. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

I've stopped using Aetheric Feedback precisely because I can't see any obvious crit indicators.

5. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

Yea, it's an awesome skill in theory, but in practice it's useless because between the minuscule window of opportunity and the poor UI feedback you just can't count on its full effect going off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.