Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

GM Salvaging 254 Elven Woodwind Long Bows is way broken!

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by Spexs, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spexs

Spexs Avatar

I am GM in Carpentry and Carpentry Salvage. I salvaged 254 Elven Woodwind Long Bows and only received:

1. Pattern: Elven Woodwind Long Bow
    2. 2 each Elven Bow Strings
    3. 4 each Pine Long Bowstave
    4. Wood scraps

This is way broken. Please fix the drop rate of refined materials on salvage.

Please do not tell me this is intended, that you have to farm for a hole month to get the materials to make a good bow that will be destroyed before you can get the materials to make another one. How are we supposed to make good equipment for other players? How is this supposed to help the economy? Are we making an environment that only the super high powerful can make good gear?

Where are a the Imbued Elven Bow Stings of Precision and Speed?

Please make crafting great again.

Thanks for your time,
    Magic Spexs

Arc, Widsith [MGT], Elwyn and 9 others like this.
  2. Spexs

Spexs Avatar

Another piece of data.
    254 Elven Woodwind Long Bow at an average of 30 gold each = 7,620 gold.
    Does not equal the value of 7,620 gold

This should show you that the economy is broken. Please fix.

Thank you for reading,
    Magic Spexs

Stevvcash and Rentier like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I am wondering if there is something weird with drop maths now? I haven't salvaged bows in a while, but when I last did, I got much more than that from fewer bows. What I have noticed, is I used to get a yellow supply bundle for every 1-2 hours of grind in areas with lots of humanoid mobs I seem to get maybe one a day now. When primal bear teeth first began dropping, I got maybe 1 per 15-20 bears. Last night, I made several trips through Deep Ravenswood, and never got one. In several weeks of DR, I have yet to get a lich skull. (Though, there's some debate that they might not drop there anymore.)

Elwyn, Spexs and Rentier like this.
  4. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

This maybe tied to the removal of the proficiency values

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Good luck , sorry

Throw any, ANY, idea to help would not hurt.

But yeah crafting has been a utter debacle since persistence and does nothing but get worse each time they introduce something new

6. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Maybe it is a tactic to push sales up for Gold Crowns from the Cash Shop.

GM salvaging may not be good enough anymore, making the obsidian potion of salvaging a prerequisite.

I hope it is not intended this way, but it would not surprise me.

cobran, Stevvcash and Spexs like this.
  7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

From around 250+ armour items i got around 5 or so patterns and that was with 118 tailor salvage and a potion of reclamation of +50...total of 168 in salvage.
    I have done batches of 15 since and sometimes gotten one pattern from a 15 run but sometimes dont get a pattern from 3 runs, 45 of them.
    I want to sell patterns but in truth the rate at which the nice armour bits drop , rare, and the salvage rate which is extremely rare i really need to be selling them for 25k minimum for the less rare ones. I feel the even rarer and nice ones like Norgard Hoods/boots etc should fetch 250k for the effort in acquiring a pattern for and no one is going to pay that, they dont want to pay 25k...or even 15 :(

I have around 4oo armour items to salvage, likely 500 by release...Im going to be salvaging them with my eyes closed as they taken loads work to get in a lot less xp areas...There must be some reward :(

Rentier and Spexs like this.
  8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The drop rate of special components is far, far too low across the board.
    Considering the rest of the crafting process between exceptionals, breakages, etc. you'd need 40-50 of these bowstrings for example to maybe get really nice bow. That's thousands of bows to farm and scrap? Its an absurd amount of grind and frankly, completely unnecessary. They're just components, you stlil need to dump thousands of cash sink in fuel and metals to make anything out of them, the drop could do with being a lot more generous.

The pattern drop rate I have never understood at all, as they are only cosmetic, I don't really understand why if you find ONE item that you couldn't just craft a pattern out of it. I mean, you're holding a copy of it and you're a grandmaster tailor and you're telling me you couldn't replicate this? That seems to me it would be a far better system than this salvage nonsense.

Kaffien, Hornpipe, Rentier and 3 others like this.
  9. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

This might be the case. It does feel worse since that change.

10. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

Just going to keep hoarding my stash.........

11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

GM Blacksmithing slavage, and 90 BS (until last week), and usually at a +5 table, and I don't think I have ever gotten anything but metal scrap from salvaging Bandit blades/daggers. That's since they were introduced. I don't think it has anything to do with removing proficiency, salvage seems to have gone dry for me for months now.

But I'd rather have them nerf it too much now and loosen up later, than having "everybody who farms The Rise gets an artifact a day", like we used to have when artifacts were new. (and which I missed out on because I didn't go wherever all that came from)

12. Damodar Demodian

Damodar Demodian Avatar

I just checked with a friend of mine. Both of us got only scraps this release. Our last drop was in R49. Personally I think the salvaging rate is too low. Might be a bug?

Elwyn and Spexs like this.
  13. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

AFAIK the bandit hilts only drop from salvaged bandit weapons with a max Dur of 100, all others have no chance of getting the hilt

14. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

I still never get any input on if there is a finite amount of things to drop, so after a while, when they have been farmed, they dry up until someone recycles it. The reason I think this is that each release, the new released item drops like mad for about 2 of 3 hours, then trickles slower, and after about a week there are the posts about how nothing drops.

I think there are X amount of items, and when they are all hoarded in banks, then that's it. I also think the drops are best up to two hours after a release then are exponentially less after that.

THE HENDOMAN

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Nah, it is done that way manually.
    Chris has said a couple of times that when he first introduce something he ups the drop rate beyond what it should be. Then after hours or days he lowers it to where it should be.
    This so that there will be enough drops to see how the object functions and get bug reports if something is broken.

Me, I've complained before that this gives false hope expectations if you hit a new resource a lot right after a release and then suddenly it stops dropping.

Elwyn and Kara Brae like this.
  16. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

@Spoon Thanks, I have always wondered

17. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I have some nice new leather items purchased from @ldykllr , i was going to wait till next release to salvage all my armour pieces but i want some to apply to the items and i have never been very good at waiting...

I will update this post with my returns as i do them today and we can see the drop rate for them.

Edit:
    I started with just under 118 Tailor Salvage and went up to 119.5. I also drank a potion of Reclamation which adds +50 to numerous salvage and repair stats so had from 167-169 in tailor salvage. I also wore my 'Lucky' Greater luck ring ...:rolleyes:
    I thought i had over 400 items, but they were in various chests and only had 354, but here's the breakdown.

Cloth items
    Angled/split/gloves/boots etc
    0 from 23
    Leather items
    2/11 Clan Bear Boots
    0/9 Clan Bear Bracers
    1/8 Clan Bear Chest
    1/6 Clan Boar Chest
    0/5 Clan Boar Leggings
    2/32 Clan Stag Bracers
    0/28 Clan Stag Chest
    2/23 Clan Stag Leggings
    2/83 Clan Wolf Chest
    5/87 Clan Wolf Leggings
    0/12 Norgard Leggings
    0/12 Norgard Shirt
    1/7 Norgard Fur Hood
    0/8 Norgard Boots

Total
    17 patterns from 354 items

4.8% salvage rate overall

Seems some items are harder to salvage than others and have noticed this before when done about 500 or so before. The max or lowest durability doesn't seem to have any bearing on the chance. On some items at least i got a pattern with 0/10.

I wanted to sell patterns but with the low drop rate from mobs and even lower salvage chance they have to sell for a lot money to be worth trying to make a profession out of i think.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Spexs, Spoon and Rentier like this.
  18. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    I also wore my 'Lucky' Greater luck ring ...:rolleyes: ??

Does this actually influence your salvage or just superstition?

19. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Stats Today ( 2/20/18 ):
    BlacksmithingSalvage: 0
    TailoringSalvage: 0
    CarpentrySalvage: 0

Stats From ( 11/28/17 ):
    BlacksmithingSalvage: 65.58
    TailoringSalvage: 60.42
    CarpentrySalvage: 64.81

No obsidian potions running. What happened to my skill? @Lexie , can you see if this needs to be added to the list from when proficiency was removed?

Bug was posted here

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It says exactly what it does in the tooltip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.