Good luck with it all, folks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Canterbury, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3devious

3devious Avatar

If they allow us to name the companions we're supposed to get one will be @Canterbury and the other will be BDF. I'll make BDF do all of the work just because.

2. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Hey Doc, every time I get into the forum it hurts. What should I do?

jammaplaya likes this.
  3. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Farewell, @Canterbury! I'm honestly amazed that you put up the good fight for as long as you did. You will be missed. :(

Dantuin, Kaisa, Xandra7 and 2 others like this.
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Simply because hes been a very vocal voice on a lot of issues on the negative and issues of SOTA, in a pretty respectful and constructive way.

Its actually nice to know that someone who voices an opinion often against the majority, is leaving. As he has put up a lot of debate and time into arguing for things that a lot of people agree with.

If you like sota and everything about its direction, great. But knowing someone who usually makes the arguments so i dont have to is leaving, is nicer then him quietly slipping out the back and not inconveniencing you.

The amount of posts, likes and time he has put into trying to make SOTA better from his point of view *and others*, completely exceeds yours. So him letting everyone know he has to step back and is done, is worth as much as any of the other posts put up.

Simply put, if you dont want to read his good bye, or reasoning on why hes stepping back, dont open the thread, let alone post on it claiming it falls as SPAM or less important then your *super productive * post on this thread.

Lastly - A lot of games , especially EO games, would kill to have players willing to put that much effort and time into the development of their project. Something that some people here seem to forget. But no no, keep on that opinion of people that devoted finnally saying enough is enough. Great benefit to the community.

Likes Received: 3380 - People have cared enough to read and agree with what he is saying. Think about that.

Peace out Cant, I didnt always agree with you, but you did take the time to make an argument and back it up. Thats always promoted healthy discussion and the look of issues in the game and the community, regardless of the backlash. And i respect your for that.

5. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

@Canterbury

Cya and have fun in the wide world of games. Come take a peek when SotA launches in the future. And no, I don't want your stuff.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol And who even knows its direction? Sorry I couldn't resist. We know very little atm imo ;). Only time will tell and we have 5 episodes that perhaps will go many more ways, who knows what this will be? Now if I could fast forward would I even want to? So I'm still a wait and see and not a run away. ;)

I'm not saying don't go play other games at all. Please to all those who have lost patience to wait and see and participate on the roller coaster enjoy yourselves. We are gamers afer-all. Waiting for a game to be developed for years and years is tough. I am not sure I want to ever do it again.

I am actually kickstarted for a few games and I am not interested in watching them at all. Believe me it is not easy to watch slow development of a game, well as you know;), but I do not know what the end result here will be and I will just keep trusting the team here to make a good game for us.

So anyway just imo nothing against anyone else for their decisions. I'm hoping for a big win for the game always and I absolutely do have a high threshold of pain ;)

edited to make sense, well hopeing. Best wishes again everyone :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  7. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Sorry to see you leave the forum! Farewell

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

What a sad development as of late with this game and community... Sad to see you go :(

Blackghost, Salix, Dantuin and 5 others like this.
  9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

exactly the same for me
    tthe other games I will just wait for my key to the complete game to drop in.
    cchecked a few screens of underworld ascendant but ain't doing more than that lol

Mortanius likes this.
  10. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Sorry to hear you are stepping back from the forums @Canterbury , appreciated your feedback, and hope it may still have positive effects for game experience of Shroud.

cobran, Dantuin, Pickley and 2 others like this.
  11. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Canterbury; I never had the pleasure to meet you in game nor remember if we had any conversations. I hate to see anyone depart who has put a lot of effort and time into this game trying to make it better. I personally will stick around until I see the possibility of Sea Battles and Guild wars. If it happens great if not then I will probably join the exodus and sell all my stuff. Only invested the $45.00 adventurer pledge and got my money's worth in the fun and challenge the game has given me. As far as people getting moderated, maybe the devs need to understand that this being pre-release (Beta at this point in my eyes) and every input they receive will ultimately help them one way or another. Maybe they need to be a bit less sensitive if necessary. To Canterbury and the others that left either the game or forum: Fair Winds and Following Seas to You from the Elegant Pirate. R/Boris/El Pirata.

Autumn Willow, Vyrin, Dantuin and 3 others like this.
  12. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I have to say one thing. I challenge anyone to find where Canterbury has been disrespectful to anyone. He stated his peace and defended it with class and not belittling. I already miss him.

13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Something something, hes negative so hes the devil!

But yea i agree. He nicely argues points in a much nicer tone then i can ever muster. I have respect for what he tried to do here, even though i quite often disagreed with him. He was more then willing to start discussion, and reflect on the answers given and points brought up. Discussion generator.

Its annoying to know thats 1 less person that will challenge some of the core problems, in a polite way.

Grumpy, Cordelayne, Dantuin and 3 others like this.
  14. mercster

mercster Avatar

Byyyeeeee...

15. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

The guild will live on and we will always welcome you back. Best of luck.

Mortanius likes this.
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Untill next winter.

Mortanius likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.