good way to lvl train strength for a caster

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by kazafk, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

It would be a shorter list if we said what didn't raise Str. I did it with archery. It's not necessarily logically related to things.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

You can train more skills than just auto attack with a weapon. The entire earth line usually engages str. Many weapon styles do, especially blunt and polearm (I suspect shields would, but I dont know). Use the basic skills in those trees as well while you train strength (you dont have to spend exp in these skills, just use them). Use stone fist, obsidian arrow, strength of earth, the first tier of polearm or blunt skills, etc. Throw on some heavy armor and get a shield and use those low level skills too. Use all of the skills the moment their timers are up, in addition to auto attacking something, and you should get some exp spent in Train Strength for each use of these related strength skills.

You may need to spend a minimal amount of exp in some of these skill lines to get a few extra skills to make training strength go faster. If you are one of those "purist" mmo class types, you may need to change your thinking for this game. Otherwise, consider it that your wizard needs some pushups every so often, and a great way to get some rudimentary exercise is to wear the lumbering fighter armor, the bulky shield, and the heavy hammer, and get your blood pumping. Do your "exercises" every so often to get your Train Strength puuumped up, then ditch the meathead gear and go back to your more intellectual wizard pursuits.

Also, I hope this is obvious, but dont be training other skills while you focus on innates. All innates / passives take way more exp to train than the active skills, and you dont need to be draining your exp pool training animal taming or corpse explosion while youre trying to train strength. Strength-related skills only, until you have enough base skills to constantly spam some strength skills, then only Train Strength and nothing else (until satisfied - its going to get real slow after level 60 ;) ).

Btw the same works for train dex or train focus, just switch to range/subterfuge/light armor or spells/focus tree skills/pretty much any skil for dex vs int accordingly. I am a melee char, but occasionally i train up an extra 10 levels in Train Intelligence or Heightened Awareness this way.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. wmidgard

wmidgard Avatar

wel if you are in there anyway use the practice dummys that are whith the bandits . ( works just like a gustball )
    wile you wait for respawn just autoattack them whith a rusty weapon so you dont dammage your main one .

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.