Goodbye Devs!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blake Blackstone, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

There is a special place in my heart for each and every dev leaving. I thought a thank you thread is called for with our favorite memories.

I'll start. I had a lot of fun with Berek along the way. We were always messing with him on the forums but he kept his head down and did his job. There are too many times to list each individually, but we had a good relationship that I enjoyed. I sent him a bottle of booze at Christmas for him having to put up with us. He thought that was awesome and told another community manager that he had the best community in the gaming industry. "Even his trolls send him gifts".

I had the pleasure of meeting him at HobLoth and will never forget my girlfriend whipping him with my Cat O' Nines.

Good fortunes to ya @Berek

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

I could have done without seeing that, Mr. Blackstone....

But best of luck to the devs.

And yes, Berek, you still look like Tseramed from U7.

Blake Blackstone likes this.
  3. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

I agree!

Blake Blackstone likes this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

There's that one scene loading background pic with the guy in a dungeon room holding a sword that I always thought looked a lot like him.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

To give some context, I met Berek at Hobloth III, and he was dressed in a green outfit with one of those hats.

Oh well.

Jaesun and Blake Blackstone like this.
  6. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

I said this on the Company Status thread. I will add more "Thanks" as we go (in text, voice, and person). THANK YOU DEV TEAM!

I said: (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/company-status.130650/page-5#post-1066123 )

To the Developers:

Personally I've had the opportunity and the great honor to meet all of you, the developers at Portalarium in Austin. Your team is truly an inspiration to me and to so many others around the world. Each of you inspire me to learn, grow, and apply many of the practices and work ethic you show me every time I visit.

The journey you've taken us players on through Kickstarter, development, Episode One launch, improvements, and now going into Episode Two planning is quite frankly ... a journey few people like us players could ever dream to be on with a quality team such as yours.

I understand some of you will stay, some will go, some will hopefully return in the future. Please know that you are all my friends. Thank you!

/bows
    Winfield
    And Rada Torment posted the appropriate picture:

[​IMG]

These are GREAT friends, every one of them!

/bows
    Winfield

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.