Goodbye SotA, thanks for the time spent together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

What? Aern't you enjoying Diablo Immortal on your switch?

;)

2. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

3. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Darn! :(

Antrax Artek likes this.
  4. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

@Antrax Artek I've started to see more random PvPers actually playing again so I was surprised to see this. The loot in The Fall and some other areas is better and that usually encourages more folks to farm in dungeons and other areas. Think about it for a few days and then make a decision. Hope you and your guildmates will stick with us as the game grows and becomes more mature and adds more depth. I've always felt the game is big enough for folks who enjoy PvE, PvP and those in between.

If you decide otherwise, I wish you the best and thank you for your contributions and time invested into the community! Hopefully as the game matures there will be exciting content for many customer segments. I am getting some of that UO feel from the zone scrolls, it's helping players return to common areas which I think is important in PvP.

5. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Mate you will be missed, :(
    I remember when I first started 18months ago, you took me to the monkey room and I got my first Mil of xp. It was a glorious day.
    Then I watched in amazement as you carved up avatars at all the PvP events and even have a good right hook at the pugilism match.
    Your PvP videos were always something to look forward to popping up in the blood bay channel.
    Wow so much, you will be missed
    It’s a sad day :(

Antrax Artek and CatherineRose like this.
  6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

We have a minor but very vocal and rather aggressive anti pvp crowd. I blame leaves like that on them.

Antrax, best wishes for your online travels, wherever they will lead you.

Antrax Artek likes this.
  7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I'd just like to say bye and also add that Portalarium does nothing for dance parties. Their Release Parties are a fun way to do stress tests that Avatars Radio hosts, not the dev team. Otherwise, it's the community, people like ourselves at Avatars Radio and others that gather to socialize and listen to music together.

I'm saddened and confused why people having fun and playing in the sandbox their own way is bad while other ways are not. While I empathize with your feelings on the matter, I refuse to feel bad about something that so many others enjoy and request from people like us.

Safe travels and I hope your find whatever you're looking for.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  8. Kinetic

Kinetic Avatar

The best move i made in the game was leaving my previous guild and joining the AA. Dhanas and yourself made me feel welcome, taught me how to pvp and were a constant beacon of hope and positivity that better things were coming which kept my negativity at bay. Had the best times even when we were losing.

We will duel again, be it here or some other strange land, I can promise you that.

9. Pavlitto

Pavlitto Avatar

It's very sad to hear that. We speak different languages, we are irreconcilable enemies on the battlefield. However, I believe that we have a strong friendship. the game will lose a lot with your leaving. So am I. Good luck, my friend, my enemy)

10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

@Antrax Artek

Ciao! I hope to see you again some day! Wishing you all the best, Kara

Cordelayne and Antrax Artek like this.
  11. Vero

Vero Avatar

Safe Travels @Antrax Artek

Was fun running into you now and then! Hope you find love in different corners of the gaming world and ofcourse eventually find your way back here ;)

V

Antrax Artek likes this.
  12. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

13. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Other than mention dance parties every chance they get. It's the only event they bother to mention. Not your fault. This is a port thing and after this last set of telethon rewards was pretty much to add more fuel to dance parties. I can understand the frustration.

I'm not a PvPer, but it didn't seem that anything they organized was picked up and put front and center the way a dance party is every single release.

I don't agree with quitting the game per se, but I can understand the frustration. All communities need the same love as those dance parties. I bet Anthrax would have felt appreciated at that point.

Note: I'm not frustrated with you Alleine or dance parties, which aren't my cup of tea, just had to point out that if there are any community events highlighted, it's these dance parties. A close second would be fishing contests, but that's Portalarium's tourney's not community tourney's. Mix it up, port.

14. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Sad to see you go. Hope to see you back again some day!

15. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'm sad about this. We lost one of our best if not the best social and fair minded passionate PVPers.

Clearly PVP, Open, Team and Solo play options need to be deeply looked into, at the moment it seems a bit of a mess and no player preference faction is happy.

Keep an eye on the game @Antrax Artek and do please come back after you have recharged your tolerance batteries and continue to make suggestions on the forums anyway.

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Not to mention that every PvP idea or requerst get's screamed down by always the same people. ( @Alleine Dragonfyre NOT being one of them)

17. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Farewell Antrax! It's been a pleasure to play together. It's been almost 1 year ago when we were sparkling like teenagers on discord once Port mentioned pvp factions and sieges which have been delayed (removed?) for more dance party raids / fishing contest. Me and all AA guildies share your vision and feel abandoned at all

Antrax Artek likes this.
  18. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Antrax,

My fellow and victorious "Cinematic Visionary" friend. I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving. You influenced me greatly, as seen in several videos that I've helped make that show your combat prowess, leadership and ability to role-play. You've helped my friends, my town, countless players, and even my family by being open to participating with others. You will be missed.

Sincerely,

Engineer (and @Tila Tenderfoot & Lefie)

19. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Antrax Artek ; Brother I hope us pirates can entice you back soon as your help in our upcoming battles vs Shadow People and Mangar whom I consider not just enemies on the battlefield but also friends in our mutual grand scale PVP plans for the future is a must.

@Lord British , @DarkStarr , @Chris , Gentlemen what can we do to bring @Antrax Artek and the other PvP players that left back. Feel free to ask and we will tell you. I hope mass scale PVP with an endgame is on your tracker. I enjoy the dance parties as well but there is no rush like the event that was hosted in New Heaven last January.

“Fair winds and following seas brother”. The pirate city of Dragomir Mori will await your return, leadership in battle.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever.

“One Ship, One Path, One Truth”

20. Engel

Engel Avatar

My Saturdays will not be the same . Sad day for us

I hope your return soon !

Antrax Artek and calkano (PAX) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.