Got excited..now need answers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lethe Walpurga, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lethe Walpurga

Lethe Walpurga Avatar

Ok. So I got excited after quickly reading about SotA. So I pledged for a knight.

I may have been hasty as I realized i know very little about the game.

Would someone be so kind as to answer my questions? I have looked briefly through the forum but didn't find the specific answers I was looking for.

1) how many chars per account?
    2) how many accounts?
    3) how many houses per char or per account?
    4) Can i upgrade my pledge?
    5) How does this hybrid single player and MMO thing work? (says I can play offline and with friends and open MMO and select MMO....BOOM *mind blown* seriously..how?)

I seems from comments thatat is it only one char but there appear to be all kind of fighting, magic and crafting options. Is it one super char? or do you just really have to decide early what you are going to play and only play that char?

Ok thanks for those who respond constructively. I understand that this information is probably available somewhere but I couldn't seem to find it so comments on my searching and/or intellectual capabilities are assumed and thereby not required.

Mod edit for language

2. Margard

Margard Avatar

1. One Character
    2. As many as you like
    3. Multiple per account
    4. Yes you can, they have a layaway plan where you get charged a monthly fee or you can make another one time payment

3. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Ok. So I got excited after quickly reading about SotA. So I pledged for a knight.

I may have been hasty as I realized i know very little about the game.

Would someone be so kind as to answer my questions? I have looked briefly through the forum but didn't find the specific answers I was looking for.

1) how many chars per account? so far just 1
    2) how many accounts? as many as you want to pay for
    3) how many houses per char or per account? unlimited
    4) Can i upgrade my pledge? yes, log into sota and visit your account page. You can upgrade it there.
    5) How does this hybrid single player and MMO thing work? (says I can play offline and with friends and open MMO and select MMO....BOOM *mind blown* cause...wtf seriously..how?)

You understand it fine. SotA is a single game, you can decide if you want to play single player offline, single player online (you see players houses and vendors, just no players) Friends only online, meaning you will only see your friends and then MMO version.

I seems from comments thatat is it only one char but there appear to be all kind of fighting, magic and crafting options. Is it one super char? or do you just really have to decide early what you are going to play and only play that char?
    Still have yet to be seen, but we do know your crafting"tree" and combat "tree" are separate. Meaning you can do both with one toon.

Ok thanks for those who respond constructively. I understand that this information is probably available somewhere but I couldn't seem to find it so comments on my searching and/or intellectual capabilities are assumed and thereby not required

4. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Selective Multiplayer just means you can choose how you play, you can play in the persistent world solo (won't see other players but will see their houses and vendors) or you can play with just friends and the server will match you up with friends and friends-of-friends only or you can play with anyone in Open Player Online mode.

Also, you can play the game offline but that will be like a stand-alone game, no connection to the persistent world.

No classes for characters; purely skill based choices (like UO) so you can make your guy into whatever class you like or mix and match.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  5. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

The only things I have to add are:

There are no character classes in SOTA, so you have the freedom to choose which skills you wish to develop, whether they be combat, magic, or crafting, and

You get one village lot for your Knight pledge, but multiple house designs (Citizen, Edelmann, Knight) to choose from. You can only place one house on your lot. You can purchase additional houses and lots in the add-on store.

Welcome to the SOTA community!

Jambo and Miracle Dragon like this.
  6. Margard

Margard Avatar

- The game has a class less design - meaning that you can design your character as you like (there is a lot more to it than that but that's the gist of it)

5. I'm not going to explain the tech (but there are people on the forum that can describe all the nuts and bolts)

a. Offline Play - cannot be transferred over to an online account - It essentially becomes a single player game

b. Online Single Player - It is a single player experience BUT the house you have will be visible to the entire game population - If you have a house vendor (an NPC that sells things you craft) they will also be seen by the entire population as well. This also means that you will see other people's housing as well and any dynamic content the Dev's decide to introduce to the world.

c. Friends online - Same as above with the obvious exception that you are playing with people that you have selected in your in game friends list ... I do not know if there is a limit to how many friends you can have but ... this allows for a more personalized party game play where you will not be interrupted by players outside of your friends list ... this is a outstanding option for people who Role Play (seriously)

d. The last level - you make no restrictions on who you see/encounter in the online game world (but the computer will always be working in the background to give priority for you to see people on your friends list)

There is a lot more to it than that but that's the short version ... also keep in mind that the game is still in development and sometimes things change

7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Welcome to SoTA...this is a great place for the upcoming EPIC game. I was the same way when I found out about this game...excited to pledge pledge pledge for the game I have been waiting for.

Upgrading is easy, you can just go into your account from the main login screen and go to where it says 'upgrade pledge' scroll to whatever payment you want...on the new screen type in your info and just scroll down to the new pledge you want. I have done this a few times myself :)

8. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Welcome to the forums friend. It seems the kind folks above have already answered most of your questions. So I will just say hello, and welcome to the madness!

9. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

10. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

lol yea, welcome!

11. Lethe Walpurga

Lethe Walpurga Avatar

That was what I needed.

I do get this is in pre-Alpha so not all the details or answers are available or current ideas may change.

Thanks folks. Much appreciated.

12. 3devious

3devious Avatar

We also have to be careful not to give too much away. There isn't much to stop groups with deep pockets from taking the ideas in all of the pre-alphas and rolling them into new SOE and EA games. This is how I remind myself that they can't really give us all the info right now because someone richer might beat them to market.

13. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Also, since you've pledged, you're eligble to participate in the pre-alpha testing!

Pre-Alpha R1 : 12 to 14 December

Pre-Alpha R2 : 24 to 26 January (Crafting, Town 2)

Pre-Alpha R3 : 20 to 22 February (Full online, Town 3)

Pre-Alpha R4 : 20 March (Much more! http://ow.ly/qAFTf)

See you in game my friend!

14. Lethe Walpurga

Lethe Walpurga Avatar

Ah good point. Hadn't thought of that.

15. Lethe Walpurga

Lethe Walpurga Avatar

Sweet..So do they roll out the login for the pretesting when it is available then?

That is, there isn't a testing server available now that I can go try the R1 content is there?

16. Miracle Dragon

17. Miracle Dragon

About Pre Alpha Releases:

You can download the game anytime, details are here:

Although you can download the game now, you can only play during the testing windows I listed above.

18. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

Welcome to the SotA! Hope you are ready for the ride!

Struan likes this.
  19. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

The pre Alpha ( R ) releases are just to test specific systems. There was an actual pre R1, that was to test out being able to actually DL the files, install the clients, and actually log into the game. But you was only allowed to log into a small room with a chair, a brazer in the center of the room and 3 chickens, dubbed the chicken room, for a couple of days.

R1 allowed you to actually log into the game and play around in Owls Head, and test and post bugs about housing. You was confined to the town only. Could not leave.

R2 I believe will be comming out soon and we get to test the crafting system.

Be sure to DL the game files and patch so you can log into the game when R2 is released.

Struan and Miracle Dragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.