Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Grand Tour FEEDBACK

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by cariac, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

And it went over like a lead balloon. For some reason PVE players don't like being treated like sheep for PVP wolves to hunt.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  2. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

As a pvp lite player (more taste, less calories :) ) I wouldn't be opposed to a hat quest including a pvp aspect if it were tied to a release with major pvp upgrades/additions.

Maybe make it a commendation badge system. You need to collect 50 badges to turn in for the hat. You get one participation badge for losing a fight but you have to do X amount of damage to your opponent, where X is a number to determine that you weren't just standing there being cannon fodder. You would get three badges for defeating a player that does the same X amount of damage to you, so that you can't just beat up on a single non combatant to earn the badges

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ah and now it is my turn again.

As has been clearly stated . . . "There will be nothing in the PvP areas that a PvE player will have to go to, to obtain what is needed, At most the PvP areas can / will have PvP related rewards" I am guesing like a Opal Gems that can add +10 PvP Lightning Damage to your weapon, or somthign similar.

There will NOT be what a lot call luring the sheep to the wolves, the devs have clearly supported this.

Now for a PvP side to the quest - yeah they did have two where you had to wander into the Shardfals to talk to the Automoton, it was OK but not really needed and players just ran in and out as fast as they could. I know this is not what you want but it is most liiley all you are gonna get.

As to WHY there are so many players out there that DO NOT want to deal with PvP is because there are TOO many PvPers out there that have ZERO sense of any honor or decorum. Case in point was when there was a SMALL event in Grundfall and there where players just Killing others for the simple sake of killing, I personally was RES Killed 4 times, twice by the same player who was just standing there near where players popped back in and killed whatever she could as fast as she could. No much fun in that and absolutely NO challenge there, and as a result me and quite a few others just left.

When there is Actual Fighting against other players and not just out and out ganking (which sadly will never happen) al you PvPer might actually get a ame you like :-(

I do not see anything that could be inplementd to support a "hat Quest" type for PvP sorry not easy to doo and much to easy to abuse.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  4. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Yeah, and when I ran the gauntlet PVPers were camping at the spawn point and the automaton.

Weins201 likes this.
  5. Mata

Mata Avatar

Here the evidence. :D

[​IMG]

enderandrew and Kara Brae like this.
  6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Evidence here as well :D

And here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.