Grand Tour Quest Rare Exclusives (useless vanity item taking up inventory space?)

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Blitzzen, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitzzen

Blitzzen Avatar

I think it's great with every release backers are given the opportunity to quest for an exclusive item. However, i am disappointed that they have no bonus properties. That it will just be another useless vanity item taking up inventory space that our character will end up never using hence the lessening appeal to do the quest. Because, in relation to the inventory issue, I also have a valid concern about inventory space becoming a challenge to manage. I already greatly dislike the encumbrance feature and items needing repair. Thereby the need to carry 'extras' to avoid combat problems but again a challenge to inventory space and encumbrance.

Suggestions: Is there a possibility that when the game is officially released some of these rare exclusive items might be granted a bonus or another quest becoming available to alter item into gaining bonus properties? This would definitely be a great thank you to your backers and encouraging us to not miss out on doing the Grand Tour quests for the possibility that the rare item might become a very useful one for our character at some future point in the game. It could also be a quest to randomly augment a particular rare item so nobody's character has the same bonus. What say you?

Thank you for everyone's attention.

2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Welcome Blitzz!

I also like the idea of enhancing vanity items in the game through crafting of some type. To give an even more concrete example, the elven gear from the stretch goals is useless at this point. What it is purpose of making armor without even the standard stats. I don't expect there should be anything above any other gear, but to be at least be usable would be awesome.

Mata and tazntaylr like this.
  3. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

Yeah, some of this stuff might change, or it might all just be cosmetic in nature.

It would be great fun to have some way to grant appropriate stats to items.

Buying, finding, questing, crafting some way to grant the stats, gem socket, scroll, NPC service or whatever would be great for the creative cosmetic items. It should be easy to get baseline stats for like items (simple cloth, leather, plate armors) and proportionately more difficult to match higher level stuff.

Another thought would be to take a new item you just made/found/acquired to a merchant who could transfer the stats to another item for you. Then you could have a cosmetic item, or even a set of beggars rags with the stats of your latest armor.

Mata, steanne and Tahru like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Blitzz to shrouds. Well it seems you've been here a while though So regarding inventory space the plan is to make it pretty much unlimited to upgrade with ingame gold. So that will be a part of your journey building up your character, while a pain at first to work through it, that is also
    point that you work for it.

Regarding encumberance, it is pretty newly added into the game and also in the realms of developing your character to be able to carry more by increasing your skills in the trees to carry more, perhaps the heavy lifting skill and a bit of strength for you.

Regarding repair, right now we have only repair kits, but repair will be a blacksmith skill when it is added and the numbers of anything in the game right now are not balanced or the correct #s at this point in development. It's good to mention what you
    see and also realize the numbers will continue to get balanced out and corrected as we go along. Especially if we bring up examples of them.

Regarding vanity items taking up space in your inventory and for me in other games quest items. That always irritates me. So the point is planning, housing is in this game and banking also so you can organize more than many games and needing to
    organize while irritating when you are trying to get something done is another part of the journey and gives you an incentive to plan the best you can ;)

Regarding items with bonuses and items being rare or special, not a lot of them are in game yet, but you should see more and more of what will be as we go through these releases.

Thanks for your great ideas, it really helps I am really not trying to downplay your concerns at all I am playing right along with you andwill experience much of it myself. Some things have taken much time to discuss and work out and there is in most cases
    room for more until they are set in stone, which is the best part in being here now. Item bonuses or giving you a quest is terrific although it probably will be more vague than that, like finding a sheet of paper burnt in a campfire with a single name as the only
    thing that was unburnt and that will have you hunting a while ;), just not gear bonus that much though since I am not for a gear grind ;)

Spoon, Mata and Tahru like this.
  5. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Blitzz!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.