Graphic Card help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rbest68, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbest68

rbest68 Avatar

So, after a bit of research, i decided to go with the Geforce GT730. so, so ,so much better. even at the Beautiful level, no choppiness at all. very playable game now!!
    thank you all for your help and hope this helps other who may have this same system.

2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome rbest68!

majoria70 likes this.
  3. John_Doe

John_Doe Avatar

You have a number of challenges with that setup, Power Supply likely proprietary, Small form factor case. I honestly recommend a new PC, that one could be for general family duties. Depending on your budget you should be able to get some great deals that will be a substantial upgrade or easy to upgrade. It's also helpful to give people an idea about your budget and expectations. By expectation, games played and resolution you plan to play at.

If the new PC is an option for you, always go for a mid tower setup. They nearly always use standard parts for the Power Supply (PCU) and can handle full size video cards (GPU). Those are two items that you what to be able to upgrade to get you out of the PC replacement cycle. As an example I running a setup that uses a mother board and CPU that is 5 years old, I've upgraded the GPU twice in that time and replaced several HD's and one PSU. The GPU's were performance upgrades with the PSU and HD were maintenance\reliability related. I tend to make my GPU strike point around ~$200-250 range, that's where you get the most bang the buck. My older Nvidea 660Ti GTX from two years ago runs the great maxed out at 1920x1080.

Going fully custom will get you the best results but it wont be cheapest by far at least not on the low to mid range end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.