Greetings

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Baskar, Feb 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baskar

Baskar Avatar

Hello all. My full RP handle is Baskar RuneScythe and I'm the ripe ole age of 42. Haven't played many online games over the last several years for one reason or another (long story), but saw this and it piqued my interest.

The last RP online game I played was Dransik and Lothgar Online. Never played UO. Money has always been tight for me. That's life.

In the past I RP'd as a holy drow knight. So I went against the norm, so sue me. Heheheh. Only remember a few drow phrases these days: Vedui'/Vendui, Sarn, Rivvil, and Aluve'.

Fav Ultima game - #7. Fav tune - Stones. Quite relaxing when I get migraines - which unfortunately happens often. 7.5 comes a close second followed(Poor Dupre') by #5.

I'm from the states and I live alone. Not exactly fond of being around people anymore, but I do enjoy chatting.

I'll probably start playing this spring, when the temps get and stay over 45 degrees. My poor heater died a few weeks ago and I don't sit at the puter very long. Ever have one of those years where it's like EVERYTHING decides to breakdown in a year? Well, it finally happened to me. Have enough wood to last, but not enough to keep it Blazing all the time.

Sun is about to come up and that's my cue for sleep. I'm a nightowl.

Sentinel2, .dao., Aeryk and 3 others like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Welcome! May your Drow RP adventures be long lived and enjoyable in New Britannia! Even Drow are coming through the Rift... I wish you good fortune under dweller!

.dao., Aeryk and FrostII like this.
  3. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

Welcome Baskar! I too, was a big Ultima person/fan...….my fav's were 4, 5, 7 and 7.5. I think you will like what SOTA has to offer. The community here is awesome...……..you will find many people willing to help you with whatever you need. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will answer them to the best of my knowledge.

.dao., Aeryk and FrostII like this.
  4. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Welcome Baskar.
    Best of luck fighting the cold weathers, hope it warms up soon.
    see you in the spring

cheers

.dao. and Aeryk like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Greetings and welcome, @Baskar
    The fires here are always well-stoked ;)

.dao. and Aeryk like this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Welcome to Novia, Baskar.
    You'll be pleased to find that you can be around people here, without actually being around people.
    Its the best of both worlds!

And don't worry, we have Kobold Radiator heaters here:
    [​IMG]
    Reliable, kobold-manufactured, they don't break down, and only occasionally set the curtains on fire!

Anpu, Numa, .dao. and 1 other person like this.
  7. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

Welcome Baskar! There is at least one other "good" Dark Elf running around. She wears a mask, and hides her ears beneath her hair though, so might be hard to spot at first.

Careful, there are a least a couple other not-so-nice dark elves running around too. Which might be interesting from the roleplay perspective if you enjoy that sort of thing!

Cheers!

~ Aeryk

8. Baskar

Baskar Avatar

Though I played as a holy drow knight (if anyone here played Dransik, I was in the Lotorian Knights, directly under Blackthorne back in the day) what I really wanted to play as was a minotaur. Wanted to have an animated gif as my avatar, but the darn things won't fit. Ah well.

Credits go to Gornul Greyblade. Well over 20 years old at this point.

[​IMG] My favorite one. Did tweak the flames a bit though - made em a bit brighter.
    [​IMG] Minotaur killing ettins and golems

Any of you have any of the original boxes from the early ultima's? I have the 4th one, map included. Got word from my mother last month that we also have the 3rd box. Long live Floppy Diskettes! Hehehe. I played em on the Atari 8-bit. Still play games on it as well, though I've mainly been sticking to Infocom games the last few months. Deadline, Witness, Moonmist....Not a Zork fan I'm afraid. And don't even get me started on the first zork release for the pc in the 90's...93, wasn't it? Man that thing was awful. My father likes it though. Go fig.

Heater in an ultima game? Can't exactly roast meat on one of those can ya? Hmm, maybe if I make it explode....Hmmm *evil grin*

And thanks for getting the spelling of my handle right. Most people go straight to BaskEr. Drives me nutty.

So people can create towns then? Though I'm guessing that can be pricey and you have to have earned some prestige to do so, correct? Either way, question: Are there underground towns? I've always wanted to have one. Still have a city/town I made up well in my mind that I'd like to see come to pass somewhere, sometime. *devious grin*

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

10. Baskar

Baskar Avatar

Aw man, Heck, I'd have a field day making my old dream come to pass.
    We had a map editor way back then, but my pc couldn't run it. Ended up (mainly out of desperation) designing a crude model in paint with full descriptions of the rooms and had someone else design it for me. Unfortunately well past the deadline, but I was still grateful for it.

Outdoor Inn (sleeper beware), confusing tunnels with nasty beasts and traps, secret/hidden shops (some with magic entrances), duel arena (full drop, except gold and random piece of eq), quests..... Man, just thinking about it gets me excited.

11. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

POOF!!! Master, your wish is granted.
    BUT... your wish comes true in a player made Dungeon and will fit on your private lot no need to buy a whole town...

You can add adventure rooms, encounter rooms and deco rooms.
    There are many in the game now and some are very devious and/or extensive.

Here are some links you can check out:
    Comprehensive Guide to Player Made Dungeon building

List of Active Player Made Dungeons

Islands of Wonders Player Dungeons

Baskar and Alley Oop like this.
  12. Baskar

Baskar Avatar

I think I'm gonna work my printer to death. Just gonna print stuff out and read it under my blankets. Thanks for the info.
    Granite in a dungeon? I can understand if it's a temple or arena, but... ehh, just my personal taste I guess.

No random/teleporting entrances, eh? That or I haven't found it yet. Lots to find, lots to print. (and yes save) Just need to keep my mind busy during the evening hours.

Cripes it's cold. Coffee time. Hey, that reminds me - ever try coffee with spiced rum and hot sauce? Actually quite good, I kid you not.

Numa likes this.
  13. Numa

Numa Avatar

No random teleporters or one way doors yet alas.

That coffee brew sounds great - got to try it sometime.

Welcome to SOTA! :)

Baskar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.