Guild War System - Virtue and PvP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Dreadnought, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

one of the main thing, and i agree with one of the posters is reward, why should we declare war except if we are just hardcore pvp players. We need to work on that before having a modified (implemented/created) pvp system. Just few ideas? territory control/POT control, i declare war to take other your territorry, take your town, which needs defense system implementation, mercenary hiring system (this may solve one of the problem raised on guild sizes for defense only). Once you lost your town, implemntation of a revolution system (you took other my town, now we resist and take it back). the rest is cosmetics, how do you declare war, who belongs to this system, how you declare war , is not really relevant.
    And yes, I agree, this will increase the economy level as a whole. when at war you have no time for mass crafting , your town is on defense mode and your crop cannot be accessed, you have to trade, buy some stuff, ally with guild to buy massive amount of warfare...

just my two cents

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  2. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Avatar

You can call yourself whatever you like. I prefer calling my own chosen playstyle RPvP because it is more accurate and descriptive. But, I promise I won't ever accuse you of being an RPvPer. Sounds fair to me.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  3. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Avatar

My reward is fun rpvp with like minded players. I've never been a "gimme gimme" type player in any game I've ever played so I don't judge my activities in game by the "rewards" I get from doing those activities. Different strokes.

4. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

Then you may not need a game like SOTA (MMORPG), with a background, storytelling, consistent lore, complete economy system, skill based system (to allow people develop their own class without locking them in predefined classes) . What you mention makes me think more of a CORPG (counter strike) inside a MMO (like WOW), a bit of RP to make the scene nice, choose the best weapon, build a team and go fight with the same team in front of you in a parallel world. And this is perfectly fine, everybody has his favorite type of games. SOTA does not aim as well to be a CORPG (guild war). This is why I believe, but this is just my humble opinion, that we need to build a very consistent RP system that of course has to include interaction between players at all levels, including wars (what you call RPVP).

And it is definitely not a matter of "gimme gimme" rewards but consistency. If you go with your friends kill some other players with a bit of RP paint to call yourself a RP PVP player, again, it is perfectly fine, but i do not believe this is what SOTA aims at, but I could be completely wrong (and disappointed). I definitely like the idea of the obs to create a consistent system of wars between guilds, but first , integrated in the game in a very consistent way, otherwise we create another guild war with skill base system, or another wow.

5. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Avatar

Never played guildwars. Not sure if that was really a rp game. But to each his own. I, myself, prefer role-playing a character and reacting as that character would react. If that's not for you, that's cool. You can still log on and play your way whenever you want. Really.

I'm also able to engage in deeper plotlines that are character driven as opposed to programmer defined reward driven. It's like David Mamet vs Michael Bay. Some people might prefer the spectacle of a Bay movie, but I'm Mamet guy. Good story, good character development. That sort of thing.

Again, to each his own. I don't worry about anyone else's view on how I choose to play. I'll be RPvP for life.

6. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

7. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I think most of us have waited for years for sth like this to happen.

8. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

There is but one class. Super mega warrior of mage doom grandmaster artisan etc.
    just takes people "a while" to perfect the class, totally different topic than thread tho my bad.
    All for the OP this is a great system and something that is indeed suppose d to go in before ep1 (well I dont know why they want to reach launch, wont change much for us they keep saying so i dno)

9. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Launching without any depth to the sandbix will result in bad reviews.. just like the ones that are currently out there critizising the lack of lore and depth in the game world.

10. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Exactly my point, reviews are already out there and unfortunatley I think not many cares if it says EA or 1.0

I dont share some views here that sota will hit big on launch id rather think we've already reached our saddle point (with many "invisible" inactive)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.