1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

GUILD WARS

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Kabalyero Kidd, Jun 7, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Just my idea on how the devs can implement an actual Guild War system in Shroud of the Avatar.

Required items:

1. Guild War Chest - a special chest that a guild place in their Guild House where Guild Members can give Guild War Funds in in-game gold.

2. Indoor Chained Obsidian Shard - a smaller but functional version of the larger and for outdoor version called Chained Obsidian Shard.

Optional 1. Resurrection Ankhs Guild Leaders can place in town where the Guild has permission or additional Guild Houses for strategic re-spawning of dead Guild Mates.

How the Guild War starts:

1. Guild Leaders will place both required items, the Guild War Chest and the Indoor Chained Obsidian Shard, inside their Guild House in the town or towns they prefer.

2. Guild members must add funds in in-game gold in the Guild War Chest. As soon as the required Guild War Funds is reached, for example: 100k in-game gold...

3. ... Guild Leaders must go to the nearest Oracle Confirmatory and talk to the Oracle to enable their Guild War Status.

4. The Oracle will announce to the entire world that a Guild is ready for Guild War.

5. Guild Leaders of other Guilds that already accomplished the same task and has already enabled their Guild War Status will simply open the Guild War Window to see all the Guilds that are ready for Guild War.

6. Guild Leaders, from the list, will then choose the Guild they want to battle or war with.

How the Guild War happens:

7. After choosing the Guild they want to battle or war with, the Oracle will globally announce the war between the two Guilds.

8. Guild members of the warring Guilds are teleported to an instanced of the towns where their Guild House, Guild War Chest and Obsidian Shard are located.

9. The warring Guilds can be in two different towns and since it's just an instance of the original towns where their Guild Houses are located, exiting their town will take them to the opposing Guild's town.

How the Guild War ends:

10. The objective of the Guilds is to destroy the other Guild's Obsidian Shard which is located somewhere inside the other Guild's Guild House.

11. Destroying the Obsidian Shard will also destroy the Protection of the other Guild's Guild War Chest making it lootable by any of the opposing Guild's Guild Members.

12. The first Guild to destroy the opposing Guild's Obsidian Shard and loot the opposing Guild's Guild War Chest wins the Guild War taking the other Guild's Guild War Fund (i.e. 100k in-game gold).

13. The Oracle will announce the result of the Guild War to everyone and the Guilds are teleported out of the Guild War instance and back to their respective towns.

How combat will happen:

14. Once the Guild Leaders of the two warring Guilds accepts the challenge, they'll teleport to an instanced of the towns where their Guild House, Obsidian Shard and Guild War Chest are located. This will also activate the Obsidian Shard which will take away the Oracle's Protection and will make everyone in the scene instance flagged for PvP and will follow the game's PvP rules.

15. During the war, Guild Members of the two opposing Guilds will have to defend their Guild's Obsidian Shard and protect their Guild's Guild War Chest from getting looted while raiding the opposing Guild's Obsidian Shard and Guild War Chest.

16. Guild Members who died in combat will resurrect back in their Guild's Guild House in the Guild War instance where they can go back to fighting or defending.

I guess that's it for this idea. I know it's not perfect but it's something I think might work. Guilds need something to do besides kill Dragons. LOL. :D

@DarkStarr @Chris @Lord British

Edited to add 14. 15. and 16

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yay. That would be a great addition to our game. Before the Oracle announces though the other guild should accept the war and terms ;). Perhaps there are different terms too. It could even be those terms are a surprise drawn like cards of what you can do and cannot do like no heals, no ice, no fire or whatever.

Also are you saying the war consists of destroying a shard and the players trying to stop each other from doing this by PvP right? I know silly question;)

Witcheypoo and Time Lord like this.
  3. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

War can not be consensual.. else it would be a practice session ^^

I like the sandbox elements OPs idea has... Also it is very very limited. But we gotta start small right?

From the KS I got the idea that the game features the ability to flag a whole guild as PVP, with perks etc attached to it. Risk though is that other can declare war on you.
    Having something like a guild chest that needs to be filled with gold before going to war, is a mechanic other games use as well - to prevent 1 man guilds declaring war on everyone.

So declaring war means there is a stake. I would however prefer that being a permanently flagged guild comes with more perks than just that. Especially if LB wasn't lying when he said guilds are going to claim territory (CPs)... Either you are commited to politics.. or you stay peaceful and out of it. A limbo between two states can always be abused. Just like the PVP flag is right now from what I've heard.

Time Lord and Kabalyero like this.
  4. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

yes... I think I forgot to mention that part... :)

14. once the Guild Leaders of the two warring Guilds accepts the challenge... they'll teleport to an instanced of the towns where their Guild House, Obsidian Shard and Guild War Chest are located... this will also activate the Obsidian Shard which will take away the Oracle's Protection and will make everyone in the scene instance flagged for PvP and will follow the game's PvP rules....

15. During the war, Guild Members of the two opposing Guilds will have to defend their Guild's Obsidian Shard and protect their Guild's Guild War Chest from getting looted.

16. Guild Members who died in combat will resurrect back in their Guild's Guild House in the Guild War instance where they can go back to fighting or defending.

Witcheypoo and Time Lord like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I think we need war areas where it's teams and siege like. Team events seem to be very good here in Thailand. Like maybe a siege or capture the flag siege style instance made just for them where they have a castle, we have a castle and we bash in the middle until one or the other is taken
    :)~TL~

Kabalyero likes this.
  6. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Sorry this is no theme park. They will never be able to make a good enough siege experience alone. The game needs long term goals. Not mini games.

WAR IS NEVER CONSENSUAL. We already have arenas.. They are empty. Maybe implement some content for guilds so someone breathes some life into this game.

Your game is totally flat. Zero depth in most features concerning guilds or gameplay... Crafting seems ok, POTs seem nice. But one is useless without a restricted economy (faction/wars etc) and POTs are behind a paywall.

If a guild agrees to be part of Novias poltics... that is as far as consent can get. You can get allies, play poltics to avoid wars... But not decide who is going to attack you. Thats beyond stupid.

Arenas, BGs etc work in games like WoW with endless resources in terms of content.
    You need good mechanics, and players make the content with it.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

This is what the #1 game in Thailand does (the game from kalamazoos Michagan), Heroes of Newerth

We have to start somewhere when thinking of a single instance.
    This is presented just as constructive conjecture which rakes in the gaming $.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

8. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

please make it so...

9. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

any news about having an actual guild war system...

10. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

The game desperately needs a guild war system. Personally I would have it simply as UO did where war between guilds was declared via the guildstone if I recall correctly. Didn't need specific objectives or timescales was just open ended and up to the guilds what rules and objectives were.

For me I would really want it for RPvp purposes but like many things this game needs there seems to be no sign of it :(

Kabalyero Kidd likes this.
  11. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Am going to bump this as there still seems no intention to implement a proper guild war system in game despite all the other changes going on.

Please @DarkStarr @Lord British @Chris consider adding a system as a high priority.

If fishing can have a major makeover then why not Guild Wars ? And Guilds themselves come to that ?

12. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

there should be comercial taxes involved ahah that be fun, this game all about selling.. so why not.

13. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Not against the idea in general, but some problems.
    Guilds without a dedicated 'town' - how would they place/have a war as such? In a single lot somewhere? Wouldn't guilds who did have control over a whole town and could build/fortify said guild house inside walls/castle would have significant advantages in this regard.

Also consensual is the only way this would work, otherwise guild B simply doesn't place the guild shard/attackable thing/whatever.

The biggest problem I see is that a lot of guilds have a pretty varied mix of players, some who live for PvP, and others who absolutely detest it. So even if the functionality existed I think a lot of guild leaders would not be able to utilise it without upsetting a lot of members who don't want to be force-flagged. A subguild/alliance system would likely be needed to implement first.

I'd move the emphasis away from the 'guild town' thing and instead set up a zone that serves this purpose somehow.

14. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Didn't the role out of the Trials, start to address this? Along with 1 vs.1 pvp couldn't the trials used to at least start some guild wars?
    Speaking of which, I queued up for Trials this weekend and didn't get a single fight. It may have been the time I was trying, but is it still used????

15. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Yes it would have to be consensual, a guild could not declare war unilaterally the declaration would have to be accepted by the other party (or parties) as well. Where Is am coming from is what we had in UO with guilds able to war with one another with mutually agreed rules/restrictions/objectives.

Might be a pure PvP situation, however the from where I am coming from is my experience with the RP scene in UO on the Europa Shard where there were some dozen (if I recall correctly) RP guilds who were permanently warred with one another. This did not mean that there was always fighting, far from it, but it did facilitate huge scenarios of wars and battles between them such as the Crown of Thorns Scenario between guilds and towns loaysl to Lord British and rebel towns and guilds. These and other sceanios lasted for weeks and generated huge amounts of RP across the Land.

Rules on equipment, non looting, when and where fighting could take place were agreed within the guilds involved and the whole thing flourished for literally years. It was fantastic.

Currently I am involved with Kahli that seeks to emulate a similar thing but by neccesity is an open PvP area at present which offers the problems of griefing etc. A proper guild war system would transform that.

Sarek likes this.
  16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes, the tech used in the Obsidian Trials is for future use in Castle Sieges.

17. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

yes...

the Obsidian Shard will have a feature that will not allow players to place it in a totally enclosed area with no opening or access to it (how it will be coded, dunno... LOL)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.