Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Hallowed Plains first thoughts

Discussion in 'Release 52 QA Feedback Forum' started by majoria70, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I like the scene and I was just wandering by and decided to look into it. It is a 2-tier scene with poisoned water here and there. My feedback is:

-creatures should be commenting on the area while you are fighting them to let you know what this scene is about. Possible quests obtainable by a dying npc: put all the ghosts to rest. Disamantle all of the ballistas etc.

-I think the scene needs wandering npcs needing help even if there is a quest line that takes you here npcs could advise you of speaking with someone who may have information that will lead you back to this scene. Interdependently of that the scene should hold its own adventures for you.

-scenes should have their own story too. Why is the water poisoned for example? Like I just killed a ghost and he did not say anything like why oh why did they kill me. He could comment to stay away from the water or hint of some other mystery.

-not having a purpose to scenes makes them useless after you have leveled up your skills. I truly want to see this issue rectified for this game. We need reasons to revisit scenes other than grinding.

-even killing skeletons could drop a quest

***Instead of only main areas giving quests sending us off into the world all scenes should hold their own story and have possible quests and then even dailies that give special rewards.

Broken Balistas could yield sought after parts to create them later some time in the game. @Lord British

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

That would be nice indeed! Would love to see every scene having its own story quest line, maybe even add small quest hub.
    I mostly do visit lower tier scenes just to explore and sightseeing and or too find hidden caves or places I missed earlier visits.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

It is the Hallowed plains, a lost trench battlefield, just tier two area.

Could it use some more rhyme or reason sure - but you can then apply this to each and every scene in the game.

There is an entrance here to Krull / Krawl which oyu can use to not got thru Blood Bay, that is good enough for me

I am not saying this is not a bad idea just that it applies everywhere if you take this road.

Feeyo likes this.
  4. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I do like this idea and it really should be that way for every scene, but I am also realistic that writing quality quests is a lot of time and work. Not only does it take time to write a good and compelling narrative, there is also time to enter it into code, then work out the bugs and frankly on a 12.8 million dollar budget there is not a lot of money or personal to do it well now. Given the quality of the main story and the truth, love, and courage paths, I am confident it can and will be improved after launch. Hopefully there is a boost in revenue to allow for additional hires to fill out all the adventure scenes.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I did not say quality quests and deep involved quests even some side quests at the developers implement how they can. Those would be the main quest lines. These are quests throughout the world that give incentive and reasons to revisit scenes. These could be simple pick up quests that would be dailies for those who are interested in sometimes just doing that type of thing. I have friends who that is all important to them and they won't play a game that does not keep them task incentivized. Not only that even those this area has the hatch it is a really interesting looking scene and that should not be it's only draw to visit to just run through and grab the hatch. Giving more importance to all scenes in the game is a good thing and giving players who want tasks to do is a good thing.

edited

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.