Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Healing Rain is useless

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Wyr, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyr

Wyr Avatar

So, I've been playing with a friend and decided to try area healing spells. The Healing Rain sounded good and has a nice visual. The fight begins, after a while I cast it and we can have a fast regen during fight. Or so I thought.

First of all, every DoT in this game are on the lower bound of making them useful. You can spend 5 focus to deal around 20-30 instant damage or 5 focus do deal 30 dmg over time.

With healing, it's worse! You have casting time, have fizzle chance and costs, to cast an small area 15 heal over 15 seconds. C'mon! I have like 200+ life and I'm only going to cast such spell in fights that I expect to be tough and have longer duration.

Maybe if I invest in 5 healing Rains and stack then, and also invest in 50+ int, maybe the spell will have some real effect, but the investment is just too high to a healing spell. Specially since the basic healing spell, with no fizzle, no casting time, no stacking, heals at LEAST the same 15, potentially the double. It's not area, but in the same time and with the same Focus, I can heal 2-3 people party better with the cheapest healing spell.

Of course I don't want it to be enough for the entire fight, specially the toughest, but it is so weak and worthless right now. I casted it on a noob fighting a noob wolf and the spell didn't heal like 10% his life.

Please, make it better.

Isaiah, mxlgame, lollie and 3 others like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I just looked at the math and you were very correct. It will still only heal for a few points per tick but will not go for twice as many ticks. Should be in next patch.

Numa, Themo Lock, Isaiah and 7 others like this.
  3. Wyr

Wyr Avatar

Thanks for the quick fix Chris, tried it now and seems definitely worthy of a try to include in my build. Two things though:

- The animation stops after 10 seconds, while the effect remains for 20. Not sure if intentional.
    - I can place the spell in my non-combat bar, but when I cast it, my character immediately draws his weapons and enter combat mode. Not sure if I should be able to place it in my non-combat bar or if I should be able to cast it and remain in peace mode (like normal healing).

I'm absolutely astonished by the progress of the game. It already has so many fun things to do. Can't wait to see how it all comes by the end of the year.

majoria70 and mxlgame like this.
  4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Rez puts you in combat mode too.

5. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Even casting light or nightvision puts you in combat. Not much you can do about it.

6. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I think this is actually a bug. We'll discuss which ones should put you into combat and which ones shouldn't due to exploit reasons.

7. Wyr

Wyr Avatar

I just tested, and neither Light nor Nightvision makes me enter combatmode. They are just like basic Healing for me, can cast at-will in non-combat. Soothing Rain however, makes me go into combat mode.

BTW, is there a way to lower fizzle chance of spells ingame that I'm not aware of? Because using all cloth, standing still, with 10% Focus passive bonus I have 56% of casting Soothing Rain. I tried raising my int by 30 and got the same numbers, I tried stacking 5 glyphs and got the same number. 56% is a tad too low :p

8. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It might be because you don't have the reagents for that spell? If you have the reagents for a spell you should be able to get to 0% fizzle rate I believe.

Themo Lock and Net like this.
  9. Net

Net Avatar

Only if you wear cloth.

10. Wyr

Wyr Avatar

Oh, ok, that was silly of me. Never thougth the reagents would boost fizzle chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.