Helen Garriott Memorial Library

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Dereck Visaard, Sep 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

Fellow Avatars,

You are cordially invited to visit the Helen Garriott Memorial Library, dedicated to the inspiration behind the creator of the Ultima universe and @Lord British's loving mother.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Helen's original work is displayed proudly above the entrance threshold and more pieces will be added as they become available in-game.

[​IMG]

The library also has a comprehensive collection of original New Britannia books, maps, and music, along with player-created books and music on display and is updated regularly.

[​IMG]

There is an Arcane Learning Center for mages who would like to apprentice by GMs in alchemy and enchanting by appointment.

[​IMG]

R.I.P. Helen. You will be missed...

Message the Town Librarian, Therdan Redwauld in game (@Sarek in forums), if you would like a guided tour of the library and its grounds or to schedule an alchemy apprenticeship appointment.

The library is in the town of Veritas Sanctuary, located in the Longfall region of Novia, north of Aerie and south of Blood River. Here is a map, courtesy of sotamap.com:

[​IMG]

And...evidently a mad alchemist has taken up residence in the lower level and basement archives, performing foul experiments on weary subjects. The screams can be heard as far as Dragonbane Market...please investigate!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Hazard, Daxxe Diggler, Royou and 24 others like this.
  2. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

3. Psyche

Psyche Avatar

Therdan Redwauld (@Sarek) did an Amazing job decorating the Memorial Library. Therdan truely is a unique and skillful artist, he made a magical and astonishing place out of the Veritas Sanctuary Library in loving memory of Helen Garriott.
    I'd like to advise you to visit the Memorial Library, so you can see the breathtaking creation with your own eyes.

4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

good work - will come visit

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Had a wonderful visit and enjoyed some time among the ring of stones just outside the library. Truly a wonderful place. However, after finishing up a bit of reading curiosity got the better of me and I ended up meandering downstairs. Imagine my shock and terror to behold a torturous dungeon where captives are forced to endure all manner of macabre and bizarre experiments! Well, I think we all know what I did next! That's right, I grabbed the next volume of the Grim Sister's Anthology and settled in for another good bit of reading. :D

6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I was happy to see three of the four books I have written in the library. Before I could locate the fourth, however, I heard a scream from downstairs so I went to investigate. After poking around for a bit, I found myself trapped in a hidden cell with nothing but a lonely skeleton for a companion. I used my magic to escape, but I plan on coming back to investigate soon...

7. Lord British

Lord British Lord British SOTA Developer

Thanks. Wonderful to see this. I look forward to visiting!

Richard

8. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.