Helping Hand - New Player Housing Initiative

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Kastagir, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kastagir

Kastagir Avatar

Dear Avatars,

I am Duke Kastagir Kharon of the House Kharon and Governor of Styx.

Styx is a merchant town with a large communal farm and established crafting areas. The Village of Styx is located off the coast of Elysium; adjacent to Xenos, and the area is well travelled thanks to its proximity to rich regions of sort after resources.

If you are new to this realm, or down on your luck, then I believe that Styx has something to offer you.

I have several rent-free properties available for new players and those without deeds. These are:

· 4 x Rent Free Village houses
    · 4 x Rent Free Row houses.
    · 2 x Rent Free Rooms at the Ferryman Inn.
    · 10 x Rent Free Basements of various sizes.

All tenants will get access to the large communal farm, multiple commission free vendors and a complete +5 Founders crafting area. The NPC Town of Xenos is directly connected and only a short boat ride away.

The terms of free lodging are as follows:

· You must not have property located elsewhere. Eviction will be swift, and without notice for those that violate this most important rule. Using Ihuma's wonderful loft sharing solution does not count as a property as I cannot offer the same level of vendor traffic as he can.

· While I am committed to the expansion of available real estate, in the unlikely event Styx develops a waiting list, current tenants will be given an eviction notice period of no less than 30 days on or after the 150th day of occupancy. This will operate on a first in first out basis.

· While no coin will exchange hands, this offer is in fact a rental agreement. You are encouraged to make the home your own, but you will never truly own the property; the deed for which will remain in my possession.

· In the event of an eviction for violation of rule 1, your property will be transferred to a chest outside your former property, that only you have access to.

· Any tenant of Styx will be granted access to the large communal farm to help make ends meet. All available planters and green houses will be divided equally.

· I reserve the right to give 14 days’ notice to any or all tenants if my personal circumstances change or in the unlikely event that I just don’t like the cut of yer jib!

· No Pirates or other such scallywags.

All Applicants will be considered, with no special criteria being sort. I would initially like offer tenancy to those that will get the most from it though, those who toil in the mines and the forests – or those who spend a great deal of time creating wares to sell. It is my vision that with a little help, you will be able to generate enough resources, which when sold, will to allow you to purchase a deed of your own.

If you’d like to take me up on this offer, please place your mark below this notice, and I shall be in touch.

Kind Regards,

Kastagir Kharon
    Duke of The House Kharon and Governor of Styx.

TLDR: A New Player Housing Initiative (NPHI) Free 180-day+ tenancy offer for new players and players without a property deed to allow them to get on their feet and generate enough in game resources to sell and purchase their own deed from the add-on store.

Current Avatars housed: 7
    Current available capacity: 15

Moderators, if there is a better pace for this, please move it their xx ;)

Gallery: :)
    The village of Styx
    [​IMG]
    View from Communal Farm towards main entrance
    [​IMG]
    View from Manor House Gate towards main entrance
    [​IMG]
    View From Main Entrance
    [​IMG]
    View from communal Farm towards Manor House
    [​IMG]
    The Crafting Pavilion
    [​IMG]
    The Communal Farm
    [​IMG]
    The +5 Stations are all founders.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  2. Msl30

Msl30 Avatar

When the Raffle is over and i know if im one of the lucky players i will contact u if i dont win one....

Im new rifter without any place to call home.

i hope to get my hands on a area were i can make money and stetup shop

3. Stahlknecht

Stahlknecht Avatar

I love this community!

4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

This is awesome. 8^)

5. Eidolon_2003

Eidolon_2003 Avatar

I just started playing the game yesterday, and I need a place to live. This is perfect

6. Kastagir

Kastagir Avatar

Hey there, just add me in game as Kastagir Kharon and I'll set you up :)

Edit: We grew by 3 yesterday as Eidolon brought 2 friends along. Still plenty of real estate available for homeless Avatars to call home.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  7. Ravenshao

Ravenshao Avatar

Hey, I think this is a great Idea and would love to take you up on your offer. I have been looking into how I can obtain a village POT tax free lot deed. However It seems apart from the lottery, it is a rather expensive item bundled in the game store for real currency. As a new player the daily tax rate seems rather steep at the moment, I am sure this may change as I become more efficient / experienced.

Having learned a little about the stat and combat system I have just re - rolled to make a more focused hunter gatherer, I can think of no better time to start afresh in a new community and place to call home. I would be very interested in a village house/room.

Thank you for taking time to help the community of new players in this way, I look forward to further communication. Happy gaming :)

Kastagir likes this.
  8. Kastagir

Kastagir Avatar

Same sketch as above. I'll be online for the next 45 minutes or so, and then again in about 5 hours :)

9. ship2

ship2 Avatar

Hi Kastagir, I've been on a couple of days now. I played a bit last winter enough to learn the ropes of gathering and crafting, so jumping right in at that again and rapidly running out of bank space! Would love to take you up on your new-comer assistance outreach if still available.

10. Kastagir

Kastagir Avatar

Hey! :) I believe we've already spoken in game. Real life interfered (work) but I'll get you set up soon :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  11. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

Styx is a beautiful town. Kudos.

Kastagir likes this.
  12. Kastagir

Kastagir Avatar

Thanks! Delighted you enjoyed your visit! :D

Just add me in game and we can get you set up :)

13. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

This is fantastic, big big Kudos to the Duke of Styx.

Kastagir likes this.
  14. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Is there anyone who could let me use their house or property to try out the game's housing? I've been a backer since the beginning but never had the cash to buy into housing. Since I probably never will I'd still like to try it out. Thanks.

15. Kastagir

Kastagir Avatar

Sure, just send me a message in game and I'll set you up with somewhere to live :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.