Heraldry Signs as trophies

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Lace, Nov 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

When heraldry patterns first came out, I whined a lot about the cost in the add on store versus the eternal we got. While I knew that it took man hours to approve heraldry, it was part of backer pledge rewards, but in opening it up to all, port knew and I understood it would cost them to approve these things.

Luckily for us all they re-evaluated and gave retro-active additional patterns for things like the casks, cloaks and furniture etc.

THANK YOU. The quantities are much more inline with the cost from our pockets and likely your evaluation time. It is a truly unique part of the game.

Now to the meat of this idea.

We have seen the heraldry extend to wood in the way of thrones and tables and it looks quite fantastic. We have the ability to create blank signs that go on walls and can have a bit of text with it. So using the tech from signs, and the tech from heraldry on wood products, being able to put heraldry on a blank sign allows event runners to use their personal heraldry or guild or town heraldry to give 'plaques' to event winners etc.

(and folks with multiple accounts could create unique contest heraldry for those events cause if you have multiple accounts do you really need or want a million designs .. likely you want to associate to one for all of your toons, but why not use a single design to designate a service reward or guild reward or contest reward)

There are a lot of considerations as if this type should be eternal or not .. I would think not cause if eternal someone would just overwrite the reward from a contest with their own, but if not eternal .. it becomes a keepsake from their participation. While the rich could make a bunch of signs with a sigil/heraldry to sell that is a viable deco option as well, but it would be nice to lock the text on these by the creator in some way which may be the only new tech really this endeavor would have.

I am also not sure that if the creator changes their heraldry if all the previously made items swap, so there is that to consider.

Anyway just an idea for plaques that can be very unique and work very well for player run events.

I am sure others have ideas along a similar line or improvements to this suggestion.

Lace

Sean Silverfoot and Yolo SoLive like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

supposedly it does not change.

Lace likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you change your heraldry then you must reapply any patterns to get the change on items, otherwise they remain the same.

Lace likes this.
  4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Cool ideas!

Lace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.