hi, can't solve crash problems

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by anarres, Dec 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarres

anarres Avatar

yep idk and can't read those text walls but i believe you and is the number 1 suspect. i have a ram slot welded with 4 gb and the other slot they puta 8 gb taken from another (my :( mb broken laptop) . So my tests following guides online are saying is ok but idk really if they are compatibles or working or something badly managed from persons they should know (aka shop).
    thank you tomorrow i will arguing a lot at shop (i wasn't sure to do by myself thats why i'm pissed of spending money and time with those guys)

2. anarres

anarres Avatar

intel iris pro graphic 5200
    nvidia gtx 950m (now with geforce experience updated and drivers too)

3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Try right clicking on the launcher and saying something like render opengl on -> pick your card here..
    I doubt it will change anything.. but this should force it to use your nvidia card

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Is the game defaulting to the Intel graphics chip when its runs? If so, that's a problem. Be sure to set the game to run on the NVIDIA card. Force the setting, dont let the laptop choose. I've experienced this on laptops previously.

Also, might want to consider setting your stack dump between spoiler tags so its not a massive list in the forums. :)

Jaesun likes this.
  5. anarres

anarres Avatar

today shop was closed but now i'm pretty sure i have mb bios to update, probably ram are not valid or need some software adjustment so tomorrow i will take there to repair what should be repaired before xmas
    is normal to start with intel then when open games automatically switch through nvidia i already checked this , but forcing is quicker to open the game

forcing is quicker and pass the launcher it opens straight the game but i suffer crash the same way (the shop tomorrow will do )
    edited :) i'm not used to

the problem i think is about ram (hardware or software) or mb bios the rest i have all updated many times. i checked with other games single players are running i put on ffxiv free trial and crashes too (at beginning asked for directx and show some blue screen too) the benchmark is running good

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Well. Once you’ve been back to the shop let us know and if it’s atill crashing post the crash log from sota again and we can see what we can help with. The fact other games don’t work at least makes it consistent

7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

EDIT:
    Version: Direct3D 9.0c , DX9 is not supported anymore on SotA as far as I know.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Download speccy ( https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy ), run it, take a screen shot of the window, then post that*. That should give all the important information without a lot of unimportant fluff. Really, we can't tell much without the right information. (or with too much of the wrong information drowning it out... in particular, crash dumps don't help when it's a hardware problem)

* you will have to put the image somewhere like imgur, or you could post it in Discord and get a link from there to post.

Also, if your graphics is on a card, connect your monitor to the back of the video card, not the port on the back of the computer down by the USB ports!

9. Pashta

Pashta Avatar

I didn't see anyone mention anywhere.. Did you try changing the video settings to "fastest"?

Elwyn likes this.
  10. Floors

Floors Avatar

Just the fact you have uneven ram channels, (no dual channel synchronous), a mobile card at best (950m) and a integrated card that for sure can't run this game well... it just doesn't bode well for you atm.

This game doesn't run particularly well on even top gaming rigs.

Btw, I was running this game yesterday and it was using 13 Gigs of memory. So that should give you an idea of what you're up against.

11. anarres

anarres Avatar

so i wait few days to answer . i get back from shop they put the old ram so now i have ssd and work at 8gb and is fine. Never suffered blue screen only sometimes a "desktop crash" but after hours and with browser open. Idk if that ram was not compatible or the guys don't know how to fix it, but definetely i will never go back there ;)
    wished to learned more when i was young about this so maybe i could manage better by myself
    thank for support anyway

12. Floors

Floors Avatar

Glad you got it working. Sucks when the game doesn't work right. type /debug and tell us what frames you get when standing still in town. Might help others know what the minimum baseline is.

13. anarres

anarres Avatar

i did it i have around 20-24 fps idk the rest how is working :)

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  14. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I hope you gave them a piece of your mind after they gave you your stuff back.

15. Floors

Floors Avatar

Is that virtuous tho ? Plus what is it really going to accomplish but just add more negativity. We need less of that sh*te, not more.

16. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

What and charging someone for stuff that isn’t compatible and being incompetent isn’t?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.