Hi ,

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Blackrose, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackrose

Blackrose Avatar

I'm glad to be here can't wait to get started in this game.
    BlackRose

2. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Maybe you want to find me...
    ... Maybe you don't.

The choice is yours.

3. stile

stile Avatar

We Bid ye Welcome!

4. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Welcome!

5. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

Welcome to New Britannia adventurer!

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Blackrose to the game. I hope you have a fantastic time. There really is a lot to know so if you have questions anytime I am happy to help. I am Majoria in game. Here are some tips for you if you have not yet started the game. ****cheers****

Our friends list is f key. O is for emotes, J for journal, b for recipe book, z to toggle combat on and off, to toggle auto attach and free attack it is the t key (T) since the small one looks like a J to me.

Our Looking for group is alt +f and also it can be found under the stained glass window in the upper right part of your screen. Don't hesitate to start a group. Others may want someone to hunt with as well. I will start a syncing music group one day. It is in my plans ;)

I is for inventory, c is for character portrait, y is to create a deck, modify a deck, add decks, set alternate deck and equipped deck, k is to see your skills and your adventuring and crafting/producer pool amount shown by selected tab of adv or prod and shown in the lower right corner of that window.

To get the chat window to show press enter and use the little pin to pin it opened. You can resize it and drag a chat window out to place side by side or wherever you like. Use the little blue flower in the tab window such as tab 1 tab 2 to customize windows so you don't miss a zone chat, whisper, or a party chat from someone.

You can type things like /bow /clap /wave to and if you select their character you will wave at them (their name will show)instead of you just waved. like 'Majoria waved at Blackrose for example.

To change modes from multiplayer to party mode select multiplayer and choose from the list. You can chat with anyone in different modes just not teleport to someone in a different mode. You can use party mode to have a scene to yourself and you can also use party mode when in a party so that you and your party has the scene to yourself. You will not be able to see other players so don't forget to switch back by hitting escape/multiplayer/and choosing multiplayer again

We also have a mail system. You can send items, type letters on paper, bulletin board flyers, books and mail them to others or send blank ones too. You can send gold to someone. Someone has a mail order business lol so you can do much with the mail system. Just click on 'send mail' at a bank and also you can craft a mail box.
    I have the crafting recipe to share anytime with you anytime from my tradeable recipes in my recipe book. Emotes can be traded as well. Well some and others you do have to buy, find, or discover.

-We also have the most wonderful music system in this game well imo. I just love it. We can play for others, ourselves, play with others, and find artifacts that give music buffs like the Harp of Invigoration. We can make sheet music for others to play as well even if they don't have the files and they can still sync songs. You have to be in a group to sync songs and truly it is amazing experience to me. We have quite a few different instruments such as lute, flute, harp, accordion, piano, harpsichord, drums, bagpipe, street organ and large harp to sit at and large drum to stand at. We are getting a recorder instrument next release and I'm wishing for a horn soon. I have created a concert hall to sync songs with bleachers and a stage.

If you don't have a place to stay don't hesitate to send me a whisper or mail message. No one has to be homeless and just rely on their bank. Many players and myself included offer free housing and amenities to anyone wanting a space of their own. You can place chests and the landlord cannot open or take your stuff and vice versa. Tenant permissions allow for this. Here is the link to look at rentals and free room opportunities throughout the game.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/rental-services-free-places-to-live.1067/

So I had not wrote this out for awhile so I hope it does help someone out there. Again I am Majoria in game if I can assist you.

7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

What She (@majoria70) said. Welcome and message me if I can help. My in game name is Warrior B'Patrick. Fill up your friends list. It will help you are you gain experience. Lots of helpful people to talk to.

8. Vero

Vero Avatar

welcome @Blackrose

You found yourself in the best of all places! ;) have fun with the game!

9. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

10. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Nice to eat you!

11. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Roll out the red carpet, set the banquet table and prepare for our new guest.

Welcome.
    (ingame: Lesni)

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  12. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome, Blackrose!

14. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Welcome! If you need help, do not hesitate to contact me on forum, in game (Antrax Artek) or discord (Antrax#1555).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.