Hit and Miss ratio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GingerLee, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

After using Root and entering close combat, I see a higher amount of misses when I attack from the front. Its about 50/50 hit/miss. Attacking from behind, I see a greater amount of hits and also crits, about 80/20. Does Dex affect the hit miss ratio or is Dex just for movement and subterfuge skills? I see nothing that indicates a increase in accuracy or a way to improve accuracy. I use dual maces. P.S. I`d like to see a morning Star rec. I have a morning star in bank I found in my travels.

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Dex affects both your chance to hit and your chance to avoid being hit. Being hit from behind negates your dex defense bonus, this also applies to monsters.

3. Lace

Lace Avatar

I don't know if what I am seeing is exactly what is happening but sometimes if you are too far into the mob's 'hit box' (aka the space they occupy nothing to do with hit or miss) I will see nothing land, I tend to take a step back or to the side, but if its wolves they tend to realign themselves in the worse way possible, forcing me to adjust my position again ....After all this moving about suddenly things land.

Its as if my position versus their position always results in a miss but just moving a fraction and boom now I am hitting again.

Another annoying thing, if you are face to face with a mob, cast root and try to run around the mob to the back, the mob will spin for a few seconds as you run around it to face you again. This may be lag related and teaching me to cast root, wait, then run around the mob.

4. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Sometimes there are also other things to consider. Dex also sometimes can be tuned with other things for leveling such as Armour Weak Points for instance. Dex will improve your hit ratio but Armour Weak points will also give you more critical hits and this makes a difference on how quickly you defeat your enemy.

Its not just about one thing, its about a balance of bringing up your skills in a way to get the most out of them. ( Thats if you wish to power level up that is ) ( As I agree with others that this game should not be about micromanaging skill levels though I would keep it difficult for higher levels eg. For GM levels or high adventure levels )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.