Hope we do!! Tier 5+

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scorn, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorn

scorn Avatar

Hello all. I don't know about you guys but for me, xping for top end xp is in like 3 spots rize the monkeys and if you groups good enuff the control points. Devs we need more higher end places to solo and group no more tier 3 and 4, please!

2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I dont get why they built so many tier 2-3-4 zones. Since persistence, I have spent thousands of hours in 5+ zones and maybe 10 in a tier 2-3-4 zone.

3. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

I couldn't agree more. Our three man guild group really has few options for leveling. When running around Novia I see so many T2-4 zones that I've simply leveled past, with no real reason to spend more than a few mins in each exploring.

I honestly wish there was a way to have each low zone scale to me like in ESO, so I'd never out level content.

4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Content level scalation is one of the best mechanics but one of the hardest to implement and balance. Would love to see this for some dungeons working in party mode.

5. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Completely agree!! PLEASE start give us more end game zones that have parity xp-wise with Rise mage room / krul monkey room and CP's. We desperately need variety at end game.

Nikko, Gorthyn, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  6. Floors

Floors Avatar

Very simple. there are alot of new players that need those zones. Not everyone is into end game XP grinding.

Elwyn, Nelzie, Baratan and 3 others like this.
  7. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

This. ALL OF THIS.
    Even going back to R20-30s, my progress slowed towards my shroud [path of love particularly] because it felt as if difficulty of areas ramped up suddenly without much mid-range content.
    Over past 10 or so releases, that gap has been filled. Not only was I finally able to grind and progress thanks to those areas, the learning curve was mitigated and the great side quests in those zones made them worth exploring even though now I'm of higher level.
    Get the need for more higher end content for hard core players from day 1; but more side-quests and filling that middle area before 5 was long overdue. Was actually shocked how quickly a friend that just started went through one of the Path quests. It's a much easier and more fun progression from new-mid game while thankfully still not spoon feeding everything.

Gregg247 and Tiki Pirate like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Absolutely true.......
    However - once the new players "graduate" from the "lower" tiers to the "upper" tiers, they'll be in the same place as the OP.
    I think we have more than sufficient areas for the "new", and we could absolutely use some variation beyond the monkeys, rise and cp's...... They do get quite boring .:(

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  9. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Yeah... but if persistence == launch, then the time everyone has spent would have been building towards Episode 2, not launch, and then there would be a whole new section of world to explore, story to learn, and scenes/bosses to defeat, and there wouldn't be such a threat of staleness and boredom hanging over our heads...

Nikko and Lars vonDrachental like this.
  10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

What does that have to do with grinding in any way? An average new player would actually be better off then I since they have had 2x XP... so ya... Now they need 5 hours in a tier 2-3-4 zone before they are in a tier 5 zone and like me, probably wont step back into one for years. So again, the solution is to create a vast number of these zones? Doesn't seem very reasonable to me, these zones have been ghost towns up until persistence and as soon as this new player bubble blows through them, they will largely be ghost towns again and the vast majority of players who want higher level content are going to be scratching their heads at all the tier 3 zones sitting about doing nothing.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

True, but aren't you forgetting that - should SotA be as successful as we want it to be - there will be a constant influx of new Avatars needing those lower tier zones ? ;)

Elwyn and Daigoji Gai like this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ep2 is more than likely more than a year away..........
    In the meantime...

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  13. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

With the cap on xp I dont see why we couldnt get dungeons or scenes where like 20 Ogres or any other 'boss' types spawn. Those zones would be a good source for rare crafting mats.

On the other side some PVP zones should also get bumped up to that level.

Daedwax likes this.
  14. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Completely Agree.. Give us more T5 zones with bigger amount of mobs please....:(

15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

While I appreciate that we need some lower level scenes to satisfy player progression, the balance has always felt off to me.
    There are dozens of really cool looking scenes that other than a cursory pass through to see the visuals there is no point in ever returning.

I spend a LOT of time helping/gearing/advising new folks in the game about various things. The reality is that by the time a player finishes the 3 outskirts scenes, and uses the gold earned to buy even a middle of the road set of gear, they can usually handle some of the less mob-dense 5-skull zones pretty easily. This can be reached in mere days if someone plays a lot of hours. To be generous, lets say a month. After that point, something like 85% of the scenes in game need never be visited beyond the initial exploration.

I know there have been attempts to get people to 'go back' to zones, such as the 3 day blessings and such. The reality is that one of the most frequent questions I see come up is "where do I go for good xp" or "where should I go to earn money" and those answers encompass a very small % of the available scenes. We could really do with some of the tier2/3 being re-envisioned as tier5 or even tier6.

There seems to be a very large leap between Tier5 and the next thing up (The Rise / Krul) with nothing really in between.

FrostII, Nikko, Hornpipe and 3 others like this.
  16. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

What if... the zones you enter are instanced for your AL or if you are well above the base tier of the zone, you could choose what tier zone to enter?

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  17. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Indeed tier 1-4 are a complete waste of development and our time, low exp/loot, the visuals usually looks great, but in the end they are boring experiences becouse thereĀ“s no challenge.

All new guildmates i know that just have started a month ago are now soloing tier 5 areas.

They are tired of Krul, Lost Vale, The Rise, Crags foothills etc...and are complaing about the lack of endgame content, please start focusing in the current player base needs before it's too late.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Feeyo, Nelzie and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  18. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

No, please do not do this

19. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Yes! This is where my three man guild group has been stuck for quite some time. All T5 zones are a breeze, but Krul and The Rise kind of kick our butts. There's nothing in between.

FrostII, Elwyn, sota001 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Joeziggy

Joeziggy Avatar

I agree, please give us more, higher level zones to explore and grind!

FrostII, sota001 and Oyjord Hansen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.