House Bonuses - Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Only if its an exceptionally crafted KING SIZED bed ...and if you were invited .. :D

Numa and Frederick Glasgow like this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

agree completeley, but to get a deed for igg is no guarantee.

do you buy these upgrades? i need to ask honestly - the bone armor is made from rare drops iirc - the Obsidian is made in the Forge in Hilt.

but i would say yes the Obs Potions are somewhat pay2win if they are buyable in the shop (are they?), but arent they also buyable with igg from a npc vendor?

jep - agree and although i have a row and a town i am not that lucky with, because i know some players who wont give SotA a chance, because of the shop and housing only :-(

You just wont have any guarantee.

Thing i recognize the last month more and more is the game actually heavily depends on with who you play or how do you play and ofc this is also an total individual experience and differs from person to person.
    If you join an active Guild and Community around you, you can have a much better experience than if you have not found this guild or group.
    If you want to achieve things by yourself and figure things out, immerse and dobt want something to get spoiled or gifted you will have a serious challenge - beside you arent the type of pro gamer in a sense of very skilled at all and experienced with this sort of game etc... and have lots of time to play.
    So, i knew several gamers who like roleplaying and they wont like to join a guild, they maybe would like to setup their own and they dont want things to get spoiled or gifted, they want to figure out.
    They recognized Housing is cool and vital for the game, they like it, but they dont like the prices :-(

i said you can try to get one ingame for igg or by the raffle...
    But they said its a question of principle. And yes i agreed. For me it would allways be worth the 85 Euro to buy a row deed - you wont need a house either. I exactly began like this - i buyed a taxed pot row for 85 Euros and end up sitting on a TF PoT Town Lot :p

I just want to say, many people dislike the shop - maybe its more true in Europe than in USA - people here are more snesitive about this imho.

3. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

I don't see any reason to not have some "p2w" (terrible term) associated with housing. Might help the game to have it, honestly.

Spinok likes this.
  4. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I'm sure it will become more palatable to the small population left once the game has driven away enough of the players who object to the RMT and monetization that exists in SotA. It is a sort of downward spiral I suppose.

5. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

RMT and monetization already is in the game. Just look at the player trading forum. This is sort of like Second Life or Entropia Universe. Why fight it instead of embrace it?

6. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Because I didn't back nor do I want to play Second Life or Entropia.

7. golruul

golruul Avatar

Sure, why not have these bonuses.

The game is so far in p2w territory that it really doesn't matter anymore.

The new player that only paid for the base game (+ expansions) is so far behind that it won't matter anymore either.

8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

We already have devotionals for buffs. Spells for buffs. Armor and weapons with buffs. Additional stuff would just add more. Geez...half the time i go out i forget to hit the buffs anyways. And i survive. Dont need extra buffing crap to hit. SPend half an hour hitting all the buff things when i can be out killing and getting money. LOL.
    They are already working on the 'sleeping' /' resting' thing so just wait it will be here soon enough.
    Ohhh forgot about the food buffs. I do use those though. Love me some bear steak and taters.

As for new players there are plenty of towns/ guilds and such offering free housing for them. Its a jump start to building up their avatars and gathering up skills, gold and such so they have that goal of home ownership. Plus it helps them learn the ins and outs of said home ownership. Give one a place to store and rest their head for a month or two and they feel the accomplishment of their hard work. And it promotes community and allows them to make friends.

Elwyn likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You don't have to buy a deed to experience planting. There is and will be public planting. Already we have the option to set down public planting buildings but last time I checked they are still not working. I agree with having home owning as a goal to plan for, but I do think renting can be satisfying if amenities are included to plant etc.

Also Runes if magic had housing and furniture upgrades give buffs. I really don't care for the idea in our situation.

I do agree sleeping in beds or camping out with timber and sleeping bag should be interesting and provide reasons to properly log out if possible, Such as having a dream sequences give quests or clues, and chance to find something under your pillow. @Devs

10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I agree, this could help drive the renting based economy. Since towns are instanced by capping the number of players in it at one time, there could even be public beds for homeless so that nobody is left behind.

Numa likes this.
  11. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Given the creative freedom that comes with owning a home I'm not gonna be told what 'optimal' items I should be decorating with. So, that's a big NO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.