Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

House Deeds

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by rapdjp49, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rapdjp49

rapdjp49 Avatar

The only vendor that I have found to buy a house deed is located in Owl's Head.
    I was wondering why he lists only 1 or 2 village house deeds and the rest look like they r house deeds for a row lot.
    Where r all the house deeds like the Viking house, 2 story wood & plaster w/overhang or balcony, etc??
    If there is another house vendor located that has village house deeds available for purchase, can someone please tell me where they are located?
    Or with R14, will this be all the house deeds, that will be offered to the players??
    Thanks in advance for anyone who reply's to this,,

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Most of the current house deeds are either a Pledge Reward or an Add-On store purchase object.

Those deeds were removed from the in-game vendor in R14, with the implementation of the in-game pledge reward system (if you own the deed either via pledge or add-on store purchase, it will be in your in-game bank account). :)

3. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

I think from what I can see your expected to buy the house you like, there will be 1 or 2 generic houses that will be available when the game launches, but if you have a personal preference u need to buy it in the cash shop

4. rapdjp49

rapdjp49 Avatar

I know the add on shop is to make revenue. I purchased a village lot deed from the add on store, but you can buy a village lot deed from the house vendor in R14.
    Now from what has been explained by Duke Raas, the houses for village lots r pretty much gone and have to purchase them from the add on store.

If this is what players will have to deal with, I would like to see all the houses that can be purchased from the add on store, be available for the players to view before purchasing, like what the Mad Hatter has done with a few.
    This way, players who are looking for a certain house, can get a better look at what they're buying, than just a picture.
    I think that would be all but fair, since some players have not been inside many of the houses in the game, regardless of what land deed they might have purchased.

Now is this final and etched in stone and will not change before the actual release of the game?

Duke Raas likes this.
  5. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I think allowing people to see the inside of the homes is a great idea.

6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Definitely.

Say some sort of show room lot, where you can switch the house style in SPO mode without affecting other instances.

Sounds reasonable to me. :)

7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I get where your coming from. The way the site is laid out, my first impression was this is pay to win. A definite turn off.

I cannot say with certainty, but I am fairly confident that is not the case. I expect there to be quite the variety of homes and outfits in-game that changes over time. So, although people can buy limited edition homes from the add-on store, I think there will plenty of limited things in the game as well if only to keep people chasing after stuff.

8. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

as of right now for example you can buy a waterfront lot but the lot is totally useless to you unless you are either a royal founder or bought a waterfront deed in the shop. me the wifey and one of my kids all bought waterfront lots because they were the ONLY lots left available in game, and they are useless unless we bought the higher packages

9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

That is true. Someone mentioned that anyone can by waterfront lots, but I knew you can only put waterfront style homes on them which are only available to higher level founder pledges. I even went into the Dev+ server and checked it out ahead of time to make sure. I heard that is something to be fixed.

10. rapdjp49

rapdjp49 Avatar

I had played the sand box game "Archeage" before joining SotA. In Archeage, they had a neutral island where u can view every single house in the game and showing what the cost would be.
    If the devs could possible make a "real Estate" town, showing all the houses, where a player can take a tour, might be helpful in add on sales. $$$
    It would show how an empty house would look on their assigned lots and give a better idea of how a player would be able to utilize the house and property.
    In RL, would you buy a house just from a picture? Maybe, but the majority, I think not. You would have to go to the house and visualize the possibilities of what the house would have to offer.
    If farming is implemented in the game, you would not want to buy a house house to take up all the space on your lot, because u would not be able to plant anything to farm. I say this because of the Hoe of Prosperity that is sold.
    Anyway, it is something to think about doing. Again, I think it would be a good selling point for all players that do not have a house deed yet and is considering buying one. I would fall under that category.
    Thanks in advance for any reply's,,

Duke Raas likes this.
  11. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

Technically, what you are asking for is in the game currently and has been since we were first given access. R14 is a little different, but for R13 and earlier, all the houses were available to purchase from a vendor and before that, they were available for free so you could place any house that would fit on the lot. If you claimed a Village Lot, you could put any Village or smaller house on that plot. Same for Town, etc. They were originally free, but then had an in-game cost, and now they are tied to Pledge Rewards for the first time. (People would claim houses, but never come back to actually make use of them, so the process has changed a bit)

That aside, you should still be able to see every house available in the game, in the game. Ardoris has 2,3 and 4 story Row Houses. Kingsport and Port Mirren have Waterfront lots for lighthouses and houseboats. Braemar has a complete set of Village houses including Knight/Knight Marshall, Edelmann and plenty of open plans like Pavilions and Village Stones. Valemark and Greystone have Lord, Lord Marshall and plenty of Village style homes. Owl's Head has the bigger lots so you can see Baron, Duke and Lord of the Manor. But then again, if you're at that level, you kinda already know what you're buying.

I would have to say that every house style is currently represented, if you're willing to spend a bit of time looking. But you also get to explore major areas of the game which is important too. You can walk into any home at any time right now. And to be honest, if the owner is actually around, I'm sure they would be happy to take you on a tour. I actually enjoy people stopping by to have a look at the layout. I've popped into larger houses just to look around at the layout and decorations and had very pleasant conversations with the owner. It is proper etiquette to at least say hi as you breeze through. :)

The houses have been on display for months, it's only with this release the selection has changed and that is mainly to start rewarding people who have paid into the game for the past year or so.

Spend 30 minutes jumping from town to town and I'm sure you'll see every house you're interested in.

12. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

My knee-jerk response to this is that I would not like this game to be just about housing. Housing is a nice side thing to make it feel more like an alternate reality. I have a fear that pushing the envelope too much will convert the game to a pay-to-win pile of cow dung.

However, it is fair to see what you are getting ahead of time. Houses will be resell-able, even the founder houses. Some players could make quite the business out of it. They could have a single castle lot, on which they can demo any house in their inventory to a perspective buyer. As far as the addon-store, they just need to provide walk-through videos of the houses on the purchase page. Or better yet, include walk through videos in-the-game where the home purchases can be made.

13. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Ah Capitalism, love it.

I can see it now: "Step right on up folks! For just the low low price of 10 Tin or Nickel, I will change out the house on my lot for 10 minutes!" :D

(Disclaimer: This is not a real offer, I live on a waterfront lot in Brave Coast)

Forest_Dweller and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.