Housing and related topic questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baene Thorrstad, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Hello all, new around here, but very much looking forward to getting involved in things!

First a couple questions I couldn't seem to find answers to, or maybe I was just looking in the wrong places, who knows.

1) How will housing work between the alpha/beta, and release of the game next year? Will we need to purchase a lot to get land in the alpha/beta? Will we also then need to reclaim a land lot when the game is released? Meaning is the world "rerset" when the game goes from beta to release?

2) If I choose a monthly payment plan, do I get the benefits of the level I choose during the alpha/beta? Or do I have to wait until the full tier is paid, and then get the benefits once the game is released?

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think we expect the world to be reset several times during alpha and beta and it will certainly be reset for launch. I suspect early housing testing won't require a lot of coin (if any) to purchase deeds.

I believe the way the system is set you you'll have to wait until you've paid enough to reach a tier before those benefits will kick in. Otherwise people could select Lord of the Manor.. get the benefits early.. sell stuff off and then cancel payments.

3. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Welcome aboard!

We don't know the answers to the questions you ask about housing. Personally, I'm expecting they will reset the server upon launch, and we'll need to sprint out to our desired location before somebody else gets there.

It appears that you get the benefits of the level you enter the payment plan for as soon as you enter the plan. In any case, if you enter a payment plan above Dev+, you get access to those forums within a day or so. Not sure if we've crossed any other thresholds to test benefits on payment plans.

4. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Agreed, that makes alot of sense.

I originally thought that too, but then re-read the wording, and it does stipulate that your payment plan must be fully paid off by the game release date in September. That made me rethink what that might mean for the alpha/beta stage.

5. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Aha! Thank you Sir Frank.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If memory serves the scheduled launch is around Sept/Oct '14.. but the alpha is on schedule for December '13.

7. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

8. stile

stile Avatar

Welcome to the community!!!

9. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

10. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

During alpha I would think housing would be free, so people can place as many houses as possible to see how the game handles all the houses. Maybe that is wishful thinking.

11. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

That is wishful indeed, I place my house at the first good spot I find, then I'll run around to find another village & move there. Then off to the next village.
    I don't want any trials in my way to block a house plot when they haven't paid for that privilege.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.