Housing decay after 7 day no log in rule. (possible 14 or 21 days suggestion or ingame purchase?)

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Sirduff, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirduff

Sirduff Avatar

Hello,

As a former UO player like many here I really do like the fact that there was a house decay rule in place for people who did not play for a long period of time. I know 7 days was the rule back then and even as a teen back then I found sometimes hard to login within the week to save my homes without having to have a friend with asscess to my account to save my housing for me if I was away on vacation or whatever. Now having a family myself I am on the fence about fully buying into this game if in deed it comes out due to the 7 day rule. I really hope the DEV team would expand the 7 day rule to at least 14 or 21 days to give people in real life time for a vacation in today's stressful world. Or another idea which I am not a big fan of but I would pay for would be to introduce an account ingame add on purchase which would add days/weeks to prevent house decay . I loved UO from 98-05 and am getting more and more committed to Shroud of the Avatar but I know there will be weeks from time to time that I will not be able to get online to play and I know this goes the same for many here.

Thanks for your time and I hope the DEV team can add some options for us on this topic.

Themo Lock likes this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

No need to worry the seven day rule is only in place during pre-alpha to allow everyone to get a chance to test the housing.

From the housing FAQ:

Is there an upkeep cost to Lots?
    Lots have an in game currency tax that must be paid monthly or the lot reverts to being for sale and the Lot Deed is returned to the owner. Backers at Ancestor level and above receive a tax exempt Lot Deed but the lot can still revert after an extended amount of inactivity (4 months at Ancestor level, 5 months at Citizen level, and an additional month per level after that).

Duke Raas and Themo Lock like this.
  3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

The seven day time is for the test period, will be longer when the game goes live.

4. Curt

Curt Avatar

during this pre-alpha houses decays quite fast to make it easier for people to try houses.

From the faq we has
    So it sounds like all lots will have at least a month before you risk losing the spot
    and lots you got from pledge rewards is 4+ months

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The 7 day decay rule only applies to the pre-release phase so that as many different people as possible can test housing. Many players log in at the beginning of a release, look at the new stuff, then don't bother to come back until the next release. For this reason I think the 7 day decay rule is a good thing. You can also ask an in- game friend to simply move something on your property every week to avoid the decay - no need to give account access. You only need to give them kindred permission beforehand.

6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

lol three people answer at same time.

Lained likes this.
  7. Lained

Lained Avatar

Themo Lock likes this.
  8. Sirduff

Sirduff Avatar

Thanks all for the quick respones.

majoria70 likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to Shrouds Sirduff. Let us know if you need any help or have questions. I try to go in the game a bit every day. My character name is majoria in game.;)

Spoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.