How can I tell what adventure level I am?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by twofoldsilence, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@EMPstrike

As I have just recently leveled from 70 to 80, the chance to hit in the calculation is immense. I could burn a focus bar between healing and whiffs and still not kill the same shitty mage mob that I will decimate in a few crits now. I gained zero pertinent combat stats outside of strength (and strength was ONLY after I was already able to hit them) during this period. The 7ish million experience went purely into attunement, and lol I cast no spells outside buffs and heals.

So while there's a difference in health and focus, it's completely dwarfed by the elephant in the room even comparing a simple 10 level spread in comparing yellow mobs. I would VASTLY prefer that adventure level simply affects my hp/focus.

Edit: My dex really isn't low either. I sit at 80 dex unbuffed (level 80 train dex) which isn't very far off from having really stellar (and expensive) enchants/MW on every piece of gear.

EMPstrike likes this.
  2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

This video helped out a lot.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

My guess is that level is also the default DEX of NPCs and probably their default level for dodge related skills as well. Therefore, while an NPC's level isn't directly making them harder to hit, it is the simplest way to determine if you can take on a particular NPC or not.

EMPstrike and Time Lord like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I know that when we "specialize" or restrict our characters to conform to "our own style" of play, we knock that color coded indicator slightly out of whack.

My Nystal TimeLord character is a good example of this. He's a 2 handed swordsman who wears light armor "but has no magical skills other than healing touch". There's some yellow targets that he has a death defying solo fight with which he may not live through. If there's 2 of them, he's most likely not going to live through it.

The factor he's breaking through is coupled with his loss of exp in his pool. I know he will break forward in progress once he's saved enough exp to make that a more swift transition, yet he will forever be restricted if he doesn't at some point embrace magic. I do think that such situations regarding our own self imposed restrictions will forever hinder this subject because of their differing impacts depending on which skills we choose.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This is likely as well, as i remember mention of bosses being harder to hit for this very reason.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

It's more nonsense that went out of style in the early 2000s that Port is clinging to. If I am attacking a stationary troll or dragon with a bow "missing" and "dodging" are silly. I'm fine with just saying my shot "deflected" or "failed to penetrate the hide", but implying that the giant dragon managed to dodge a volley of arrows Neo style is a bit ridiculous.

Nikko and Time Lord like this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'd like to say that you are correct in the wording, yet missing the target :)

If a single person is launching a "volley" all alone in a single action, or saying that they should miss, be dodged, deflected or failed to penetrate based on any reality, then it must be accepted because it's all done by magic, which will never match reality.

[​IMG] [​IMG] :D~TL~

discipleofweb likes this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The post is about being able to even see you "Level" easily,

This does need to be fixed as stated by MANY players and MANY posts.

That is all . . . . .

Please make seeing the data on; Level, Skills, Attack . . . . . Easier as it was before.

One should not have to leave the game to see it.

9. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Thank you! I am on a Mac and don't have access to 3rd party tools. It was fun to check and see where I am at after 9 months of play!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.