How do I buy a house in game for water front property?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Ancestor Enoch, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancestor Enoch

Ancestor Enoch Avatar

I was lucky enough to find a water front village property last night. I bought the village lot deed. I added a basement fine. But I can't figure out how to build a house there. The only deed I see for sale from boris thats a village is the shingle roof which doesnt show up when I go to place it. Is there another vendor that sells water village house deeds?

Tahru likes this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

water lot house deeds are pledge reward only, you will need to find a baron or similar and ask them, i believe barons have 2 or more.

Tahru and bradeaston like this.
  3. Ancestor Enoch

Ancestor Enoch Avatar

I was wondering if that was the case.
    Thanks for the quick response

Tahru and Themo Lock like this.
  4. mythosknight

mythosknight Avatar

Where did you buy the deed from in-game?

5. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Release notes say, that during R14 still every village or higher lot fits on the appropriate water lot. From R15 this will only be available for founders. So the lot deed decides which size you can claim, and in R15 the Founder status will be the filter, if you can do so. Currently the filter is, that water based houses are only in the pledge rewards of entitled accounts.

Lot deeds can be purchased on a vendor in upper floor of Owl's Head bank, if I remember correctly.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

6. rapdjp49

rapdjp49 Avatar

Need to ask if I qualify for a house on a village water lot.
    I registered & made my pledge account on November 2014. According to what my account says, it lists me as having a "founders" status.
    My first question is "Do I qualify for owning a Village Water Lot Deed?"
    If I do, where can you purchase a Large Cabana to place on the village water lot? Unless I missed them when I looked, I did not see the cabanas listed for sale in the add on store and I did not see them for sale on the housing vendor, after R14.
    Can someone please help me with the questions I have asked?
    Thanks for any reply's that I receive,,

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Which tier are you at? You need to be Citizen or higher.
    If so;
    You get them with your pledge items. Right now you find those in any bank/town crier.
    One Lot deed and one separate house deed.
    You need to have both in your inventory

8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Founder pledges at Citizen level (and higher) have a rent-free village lot deed and a water cabana deed in the bank. If you have a pledge lower than citizen level AND have Founder pledge status, I assume you can claim a water lot with a purchased deed. Many people with higher pledges won't be using their water cabanas, so there is the possibility of getting one from another player.

Don't confuse Founder pledge status (people who pledged at a date several months earlier than November 2014) with a "founder level pledge", which is the pledge you can now make for $65 in the store. The similarity in name is more than confusing. You have Founder pledge status if there is a little F next to the pledge level in your account.

9. rapdjp49

rapdjp49 Avatar

Thank you for your reply Spoon, but from what you replied & Kara Brae, I don't think I qualify.
    I just have a Founders Pledge that cost $65.00. There is no little F next to the pledge level that I see.
    Looks like I will not be able to have a house on the beach.
    I will just have to find a spot in one of the housing towns. Having a spot on the beach would have been ideal for me, since I like to fish. That was one of my skills I mastered in when I played UO.
    Thanks again for the reply's,,

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Many of us not using our water homes can trade them with you and they will just return to us on game wipes. So it is no biggy for someone who wants to give you their water homes. Once I get in game I would be happy to give you mine. I won't
    be using it. Friend majoria in game, I would be happy to help you.

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Same thing here, if someone is reading this.

majoria70 likes this.
  12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Having a waterfront house is only half of the equation. In order to even claim a water lot you need a Founder status lot deed. In another thread Darkstarr confirmed that the only way a non-Founder can claim a water lot is if they acquire a Founder status lot deed from a player with Founder status. So the Founder would not only have to give you the waterfront house, but also their rent-free village deed.

EDIT: Here is the thread referred to. Darkstarr's comment is on page 1 of the thread.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks and Yes I did know that. I can trade mine with others, I don't really lose the property, it is still account bound just gives someone the opportunity to try out the water lots if that is what they want. They can have mine and when there is a wipe it will come back to me.:)

14. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

That is actually really good to hear. It means that even if we don't play for a while there will be a lot somewhere in the game which is effectively reserved for us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.