I can kill that is all

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stonetrew, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonetrew

Stonetrew Avatar

I can't refine without having a city deed, I cant run fast with music cause it slows me down when playing it, I cant be soothed anymore, I cant get a chance at deeds because that is elite or pvp (about only places blue orange drop, I can't and wont support this game any more, sure ya all worked till 9pm friday however ya did not even have the game working right, for a game that promotes crafting being the best made items your playing your hand to the min maxes. I love the game but Definitely hate the route it headed to.

2. Nick

Nick Avatar

Can I interest you as an innkeeper for an inn in Aerie? I am not doing anything with the lot, I can put up an inn, you can use it to help guide other players if you like, with no burden of taxes.

Ravalox, Feeyo, Bie and 7 others like this.
  3. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I only have a village plot/house and even without my own stations, I know of several locations (Soltown and Celestis specifically) to refine gathered materials without a problem. FOr a house deed, there is always the Raffle, and I believe i read that they will be put on Crown Vendors for COTOs due to the swap from store credit to COTOs. Also, regardless of how you make it, min/maxing by someone will be part of the game. Unless you absolutely have to be involved with PvP, it's really not an issue. If you can't make the equipment you need, then gather and sell some resources and start vendor shopping to find what you want to use.

There are always alternative paths, you just might have to seek them out.

4. Stonetrew

Stonetrew Avatar

I am good on lots thanks for the offers. Just disgusted I cannot refine materials because they won't stack in bag nor stack once refined in inventory. A Hence me stating I need a city lot to place all my refined materials. I am not going to play the game until this is resolved. I'm primarily a crafter.

In other news why does port. Patch on Thursdays semi fix things fri let it roll as is on weekends. A better business model imo. Would be on a Monday. Then if there are issues you have 4 days to fix before the weekend rush. Just a thought.

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

There's a bug where refined materials don't stack.

@Stonetrew and all crafters have a legitimate beef at the moment. That bug is rather game breaking for a crafter.

6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Good point... This is the first thing that should be changed about the release schedule immediately. Not sure why they started it, but if it's for the "parties", then perhaps they can release on Tuesday, and celebrate on Thursday when they've actually patched the bugs the release created...

Bigg, Gorthyn, Witcheypoo and 2 others like this.
  7. Stonetrew

Stonetrew Avatar

8. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

Basements are really great! More space!

9. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Why torture yourself like that? Play the offline game. With the new drop rates, it's a paradise!

Elwyn likes this.
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Er, what? There's nothing stopping you from using someone else's crafting stations. (And I am going to presume that by "City" you don't mean city size.) My first three months of the game (R20-R22) were completely out of the bank, so I know it's possible. And while apparently there was a stacking bug that I missed by being away this weekend, otherwise I think you're picking nits. Having a chest or two near the crafting stations is nice, but not essential.

11. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

The chest doesn't matter, because the stacking bug was making it so you couldn't craft other things. I tried making a row lot greenhouse, and because it didn't stack the 50 sheets of glass needed, the number of items i was trying to put in the crafting window (52) exceeded the max number you can place in it (15), causing the crafting attempt to fail.

12. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Stacking bug is fixed now, according to patch notes.

13. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

That would be great if the client would start without crashing now *laughs*

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Not fun for me. I could never sync songs or fully enjoy the fantastic music system we have. I don't think companions would work for it;)

Cordelayne and Jaesun like this.
  15. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Yup, to each it's own. I remember playing in LOTRO bands, it was fun, but SoTA offline gives me a different kind of fun at my own pace. I don't play music with anyone, but I am having a lot of fun exploring... with 5 pets. woohoo! :D

Cordelayne and majoria70 like this.
  16. Liltipsy

Liltipsy Avatar

Is this really a complaint that in order to get some of the rarest and most valued items in the game you have to do hard things? Do you want to loot a PA city deed in Soltown swamps?

Elwyn likes this.
  17. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I've found at least for questing and/or PvE that Single or Party Online settings work well for me. If I want or need to drop into full multiplayer, I will. The result is that I get the best of both worlds. I can tackle the content of the game without the hassle of the "stepping on toes syndrome" that open MMORPGs tend to have while at the same time, the buy/sell UI of player vendors allows me to play the merchant at my own pace gathering materials and refining to sell or selling them outright (without the hassle of trade haggling) as well as having my own place in the connected world. If there is an event I want to check out or someone I need to meet up with, I can swap to full multiplayer and have fun that way.

And speaking of LotRO music, I haven't checked in a while, but previously, while you could use the same ABC files, the SotA reading of those files was playing them an octave higher than what they should have been for some reason... I'm not sure if that's been adjusted or if the SOtA sheet music takes that into account.

18. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

I used to have as much fun, but then again, after a while, I realized that I am wasting my precious life grinding ore in the mine, or grinding exp for "just one more skill". Considering that and many other things, I am really happy with the offline game (I mean the offline one, not connected to the Multiplayer world). With the current droprates, SoTA finally feels enjoyable, with 2-3 hours I get a night, if that much.

I'll be checking out the live events of course, similar to Dragons Week, but otherwise, the offline game seems to give a lot more reward for your effort. Maybe when I retire in about 20 years :eek:, I may play more in Multiplayer, but I hardly doubt now, since I will be very much spoiled by how happy the offline makes me feel. By then, we'll prolly have 4 full episodes released, Star Citizen will be out with numerous additions and expacs, and who knows what and who else will be around.

19. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

When you play in "party" mode, not full multiplayer, do you lose the +10% xp gain full multiplayer gives you?

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  20. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Yes.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.