i dont recall recalling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kells550, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kells550

kells550 Avatar

recall and teleports should also be made with pre determined destinations
    a recall scroll to bladewyke
    a teleport scroll to black rock cove
    a gate scroll to whyte roc

if you make it in the town it should bind to the town, or have the option to do so.

also.

1000 rotting flesh and some black pearls should totally be able to craft a flesh golem

Black Tortoise likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you do have the option. if you talk to the town crier, you can bind your recall point to that town.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

And a pony too? SotA is not intended to be a hand-holding game. There are plenty enough of those already.

What you can do is build up a friends list for using teleport scrolls. The more people in your friends list, the more likely someone will be near where you want to go. Learn what places are near other places, one to three zones away.

This is also important for using the lunar rifts. Bladewyke is near Etceter, which is a destination of the lunar rifts during Waning Crescent. (for 8m45 out of the 70m lunar cycle) Or during New Moon, you could go from Blood River, walk a bit, and take two ferries to get to Etceter. Westend (Waning Gibbous) is a bit farther to walk, but still better than the walk from Brittany to Etceter.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. oplek

oplek Avatar

I'm curious whether it'll stay that way. Portalarium seems quite adamant about people needing to physically travel between towns, through control points, etc, as part of their economy. They're even soon going to be removing the "Start on world map" option, when you log in.

Yet, the friend-teleporting is a gigantic loophole to that philosophy.

I think it should be restricted down to only being able to teleport to party members.

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

But it's still one you have to work for, and depends on what other people are doing, not just where they are but what play mode they are in. It's not an "easy button".

6. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

even though I use a friends list to navigate the game I do enjoy roaming the world to explore the great views that have been created in the game and to see the creativity of other players in deco options.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And why is this that restrictions are needed in this game especially at this point in development? We have little incentives to travel the over-land map right now, perhaps later we will. There are a couple of things we can look for if we would like and that is where the sieges are so that people can farm them or where are the encounters. Really if that is all the reasons to be on the map then I don't think it is enough incentive for those with busy schedules and little time to play and feel they have accomplished anything. So for now we manage with what we have which is better than we did have earlier. You cannot even begin to imagine if you were not here ;). So to change up things about this system would take a better argument than 'just because someone says it needs to happen'. What plans does anyone have for making the over-land map an adventure in itself and worth traveling on? but still there will be times when people just don't wanna travel it.

MrBlight likes this.
  8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It was the same giant loophole when they implemented it.

9. oplek

oplek Avatar

Is it? I have a long friends list of people who I've never talked to, or extended a friend request. I figured if they're just going to use me as an anchor, I'll do the same back.

It's in fact very easy and handy.

Okay.... I'm not sure how *when* they implemented it modifies it's loop-holeyness.

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Where did I say or imply that it did?
    I protested it at the time, along with others, using the self-same argument, and it was implemented.

11. oplek

oplek Avatar

Sorry - I read too much into your reply.

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  13. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Other than making things slightly more tedious, what difference would that make? There are no restrictions on how many different parties you can join and leave.

14. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Alley Oop likes this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

So basically you want a way to totally bypass the mechanic restricting ONE teleport location - LoL . . .

That horse was picked up by the guy with a garbage can, a shovel, and broom ages ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.