Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I keep losing track of the cursor on screen

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Steevodeevo, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hi folks,

Maybe its just me, but quite often, and with so much going on, I completely lose track of where the grey cursor is on screen. Its then a frantic, and occasionally fatal, few seconds of hand waving to relocate it and bring it back to point at my deck or the mob. I don't know if anyone else has this happen?

Ideally I would like the option of changing the colour of my on-screen cursor in options. Its not exactly good for immersion to have a 'day-glow' arrow on screen I agree, but given I have this issue quite often, if it were available to me I would switch to another more stand out colour, green or red or some-such.

Thanks,
    Steevo

Dhanas, FrostII, Baratan and 2 others like this.
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Ive occasionally but not commonly had the same issue, for example. If you use mouse run (WHY WHY WHY cant this work when auto attack is off?) the cursor is removed!! ive also had a few not reliably reproducable but times where mouse look has moved the mouse pointer.....

FrostII, Lesni and Steevodeevo like this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The OP nailed my personal biggest irritation while playing SOTA. Many moons ago I suggested having a key assignment that when pressed would bring the cursor back to the middle of the screen. I can't explain clear enough how many times I have run from a scene, frantically trying to locate the cursor so I could grab a heal and gotten killed because I didn't have a clue as to where it was. I know I could keep a heal on my combat bar but it just does not fit for me. Trying to use the out of combat bar for the heal is difficult for me to manage. A simple keybinding to center the cursor would completely allay my problem.

Almar, Steevodeevo and CatherineRose like this.
  4. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I'm not sure this will completely solve the problem of finding the cursor but if you use Windows you can set the mouse to show when you press the CTRL key.
    (Not an ideal work-a-round but does help to quickly locate the mouse)
    [​IMG]

Crendel and CatherineRose like this.
  5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

why not mash a key? (as a side subject)

6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

You mean heal via the keyboard? If I don't have the heal on my combat bar, then I have to press more than one key to get to my non-combat bar or change decks on the run. Easiest for me would be to click the non combat bar with cursor. I know others can hit shift, control, or other keys before a number key, but I am spastic where that is concerned (especially under pressure). Keeping the heal on the combat bar itself is an option but I have it chock full of other more important stuff!! I live with it and don't complain but since the OP brought up the subject, I wanted to submit again my solution.... a keybind to center cursor.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Wow. Tried it here on the forums and it works!!! Will try to set up in game later (gotta free up the control key). Keeping fingers crossed. If this works it will go a long way towards solving the problem without the obvious key bind center cursor approach.

8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Yeah hitting a combo is harder especially if you're also trying to run.. btw I dont disagree I think a return mouse to middle would be useful - i know the linux guys had that as a bug once, sure as a bug it would be annoying but when you need it to would be very useful

Aldo likes this.
  9. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

It does work in game and it will flash where the game cursor is if its visible (if you get my drift). However, with tests ive done it flashes dead centre when the cursor is invisible, such as when you use right mouse to navigate, but it may help those with lightning fast brains and kb skills, which rules me out :) but thanks for the tip.

Dhanas and Aldo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.