Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I ma pretty sure less than 1% would ever consider healing as AOE. . .

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, May 2, 2016.

?

Healling needs targets so figure out a way to get targets

1. Yes find a way to get targets

25 vote(s)
    73.5%
  2. ah well all i as it, have to deal with it

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. no idea

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

but there it is, Healing touch is now AOE???????

There is a huge issues with targeting and since you cannot heal a target becasues you cannot pull up targets the solution is make Healing Touch and AOE??????

I am sorry but this is one of the worst ideas I have ever herd to fix a problem.

How about we find one that actually works, and find a way to get target health bars of party member, or eve yourself.

I know that the targeting system is something that you all are going to refuse to just scrap but this keen jerk solution is total Bubkus.

2. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

90% of statistics are made up.

helm, Noric, Spoon and 5 others like this.
  3. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

AOE healing FTW. Quick patching 101

4. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I'm down with the AOE heal. We are the less than 1%!!

Ice Queen and Spoon like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Nah, you shouldn't be limited to a party member. A non-party member should be healed, and even an NPC if you wanted to (some emergent scenarios there).

6. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Lets just hope fixes like this arent any indication of the type of "fixes" we will see post final wipe. Just think about it a second....

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

First crappy targeting and now......errr no targeting?....because healing is important and the mechanism is so bad?

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

[​IMG]

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

ok just used for an example but any way to get a target to heal, But ty for showing how limited my statement was

9. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Huh??? It's always been AOE (area of effect), but what do I know... Now it's more effective if you don't join the fight... and play a "Healer"...

kbruder and Fister Magee like this.
  10. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

well i can say i am certainly glad there is a "no idea" option in this poll ;)

Leelu and Weins201 like this.
  11. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i enjoy the aoe heals, as they have their place. but i also enjoy targeted heals, especially during boss fights, and structured group outings.

i think this issue is a byproduct of the reticule situation and hope it does not get ignored once that is resolved.

12. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

Just a thought @Chris ;

So I use to play a game (can't remember for sure but I think it was like Global Agenda or something) where targeting was the thing and there were healers and damage dealers. The way they handled this was a toggle mode from target friend to target foe and the reticle icon changed shape depending on what mode you were in. Obviously target foe would act like we have now, but in target friend it would prioritize green/blue/friendly targets and ignore foes. This seemed to work very well but did require more player skill to effectively heal their party as well as debuff the enemies.

That being said since we already gain SUBSTANTIAL bonus's for basically sitting and healing without any "foe" interaction then this solution may very well be viable.

Just my 2cents.

~Woden

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    Fister Magee likes this.
  13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Did you ever play a healr in the WoW prime time?
    The answer must be no.
    WoW had different kinds of healers. Tank healers, group healers and dmg avoiders. As you can imagine, the group healer had AoE heal.
    Was working fine.
    So i pick the option you didn't offer: yes we need AoE heal. Not because of the system as it is now (btw it's the first iteration of the new combat system) but because AoE heal is a good thing.

CrazyPhil and Fister Magee like this.
  14. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

The argument "well, WOW did it" isn't really a great selling point.

Just sayin.

15. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

I think the main concern is the change of abilities to help compensate the shortcomings of recently added features.

I do agree that we need AOE heals; and we do have AOE heals in the form of Healing Burst. We now have 2 AoE heals, 1 Direct heal, and 1 HoT in the life tree if memory serves me.

~Woden

Jarl Atogrim likes this.
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I see it as a short term solution untill the system is fixed and i read somewhere that this fix is incoming.
    Can't remember where it was.

17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Just what the solo fighter needs - the ability to heal the others who are not there... :confused:
    This is soooo lame........ :mad:

18. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Right now it might work ok for a group of few people that stick together. But if there are gonna be a boss fight with 10-20 people spreading out all over the place, AOE won't be feasible, but maybe that will come later?

19. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

Typically you wouldn't want to be grouped up because of AOE damage, but with the first-tier ability of the healing tree providing AOE healing in a small area, you would want to be stacked up because everyone and their mum's got healing touch. Each virtue literally starts the game with it. I'm not 100% sure if it's a healthy solution. Last release cycle I played a healer and I was sort of fond of the light stacking encouraged by healing burst and soothing rain, it certainly made it easy for me to keep the ranged group healed up when running control points. Healing Touch has a very small AOE range so it means you have to stack tighter, but it also means you really don't have to train healing burst at all since even non-healers are contributing to group heals, and you don't need soothing rain because if you have a large cluster of players all casting healing touch regularly, there's no need for a heal over time effect.

Fister Magee likes this.
  20. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

@Chris has said he was looking at putting F-keys back in for soft targets to party members. It was said on the forums, it was quoted in a few other posts, and it was said on the telethon last night. People are getting so toxic on these forums, that people are stopping their input and just leaving them. Even @Themo Lock said he doesn't post here much anymore, one of the best testers we have had to date with informed critical feedback. Ask yourselves why doesn't he bother with the forums anymore? Come on folks lets take a deep breath stop the bickering whining and criticizing every move the team makes. They made 1 spell AOE and now this is the standard as to how they will fix things.. :(

GraveDncer and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.