I Might Miss Planned Housing Placement?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Vaclav, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

<strong>?I am concerned about house placement... I see that higher pledges have priority.. but I work away, and at times have no net access for days.... any chance to pre-arrange placement? might not be the place to discuss this, please direct me to correct venue...</strong>

&nbsp;

?even though they never speak of it,

people have an acute appreciation for the

price they pay for outward peace and quiet,

the permanent humiliation of their dignity?

-Vaclav Havel-

2. Evil Superhero

Evil Superhero Avatar

The game won't be released until 2014. You've got plenty of time to arrange something.

3. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

not likely possible.. unless I know the exact dates soon... I work a month at a time (28 days away then 28 days home sometimes 5 weeks away then only 2-3 weeks home) so a yr for you is like only six months for me,, so I really only have 4 months left to plan for this... would need to know by July the exact dates cause I would need to ask other people to stay away from there families longer so that i can play a game :)

4. Dienekes

Dienekes Avatar

The way I understand it, if you have a deed you'll get to place a house, no matter what. You just won't get to place it where you would like. Any spot is better than no spot, though.

5. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

@Dienekes:

If, in the OP's worst case scenario, he starts a month after everyone else, I believe he could actually be left without a plot of land until either some of the early non-backers start lapsing their lot renewal payments or the devs add extra lots. Backers have a headstart, but unclaimed lots after that are then available to the other players, and seems like the world, as currently planned, won't have enough lots for everyone at launch.

6. Dienekes

Dienekes Avatar

@Silent Strider

You might be right, now that I think about it. The one video clip I've seen of house placement makes it look like a player just runs up to an open lot, buys it, and places. If that turns out to be the case in the final game, Vaclav could very well be out of luck.

7. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

It might be worth asking someone at Portalarium to assist you. Say that you put together a list of desired locations (in order of preference) and then during your placement time slot someone reserved the highest available choice.

You might also ask a friend to select for you.

8. Icepick2

Icepick2 Avatar

My understanding is that they are not going to sell more deeds than there are plots of land. So if someone never uses their deed to claim a plot, there will forever be a vacant lot somewhere.

9. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

during the 24hr telethon they mentioned KS pledgers will get advance notice and a grace period of 1 day to possibly a week

actual time is TBD, we'll know more as things gets closer to fluittion

10. Knight Lord Pancake

Knight Lord Pancake Avatar

53 City Level KS Backers. Out of a possible 72
    68 Town Level KS Backers. Out of a possible 400
    580 Village Level KS Backers. Out of a possible 1500

This is without the $150,000 from the SotA Paypal Backers. It appears that at least at the Town and Village levels we will have plenty of spots to utilize when we start our "pre-engineered orderly land grab based on how much $ we gave them" haha Aside from that I doubt they offered all of the plots in the entire game to KS/SotA website backers IF they all were bought up. I believe you will be fine.

The concern I have is I went from Citizen to Knight when they offered it because I really wanted a servant and a lighthouse haha. I really hope that there are enough waterfront lots to go around for at least the knights/citizens from KS/SotA site.

11. smack

smack Avatar

I'm assuming that the actual final lot you choose won't happen much later when the game is launched in October 2014. I don't think they will let us pick the final location for Alpha or Beta and lock that in for a year until launch.

Perhaps as part of the reservation system, you don't even have to be in the game to do it? The map should be finalized by the time we need to pick, so maybe they'll release the maps of all in-game lots and you can pick via e-mail and they'll lock it on their end in-game somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.