I think i messed up my "plant" recipe

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Grimsley, Apr 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

im not sure what I did, but every time I double click "sow seed" recipe, it puts in the same seeds from the first plants that I planted.
    If I remove the ones I dont want and replace them with the oncs I do want, the "plant" action is greyed out so I have to double click the recipe, which replaces the seeds I want with the first one.

what the heck is going on and why is planting a seed like this?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

put the seed you want to plant on your noncombat bar and click that

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Like Alley Oop said, the best way to do agriculture is to drag the seed from your inventory onto your Utility Hotbar (or non-combat bar), then, you click on the glyph or press the hotkey for the slot you put it in, and then a targeting circle will appear on the ground, aim at your planting bed/pot/bucket, click, and after a short activity timer, you will have planted seeds in every possible location targeted.

4. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

...this is a weird game...
    thanks it worked

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, that's the "batch planting" version that was introduced later. Though, you should be able to double click a planter then add the seed and water from your inventory.

6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. Batch planting is great. It uses as many seeds as you have spaces in the circle. This circle gets bigger as your batch level gets higher. If you only want to plant 1 spot or you are splitting a bed with different seeds then you can click the spot and your crafting window will open. Then hold down the control key and drag 1 seed and 1 bucket to window and click plant.

Alternatly when I planting in the past and clicked the plant seeds glyph it would take seeds in alphabetical order. If you have all your seeds in a small bag place it on the ground and when needed open bag and only get the seeds you need out of the bag and put in inventory. When done with that seed put it back in bag and get net one.

Hopefully one day we will get switchable non-combat hot bars that we can create and swap them in as needed..... out of combat of course.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And don't forget to drag batch harvest and batch water icons to the non combat bar as well. Just open up agriculture skills with k key and drag those icons out. Seeds is the only one that needs the seed added to the bar. It would have been consistent if you would need to drag the water bucket out but that's not the case but at least we finally have a batch system. It took a few years.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.