idea about pvp flagged and pvp non flagged players without having the feel of save zones

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by baronandy, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

my idea when you flag as pvp player you mainly join to players which have pvp enabled aswell. in this case if there are enough pvp players in an area you join , the area will contain no guards.

if there are not enough pvp flagged players and the instance have to be mixed up (with pvp and non pvp players) there will be a lot of guards in that area, so you dont have the feeling of entering a complete save zone , you could still attack someone and deal dmg , but mostly it would be suicide to do it.

guards should not kill instatnt

so it would be a open pvp world but still kinda save for the people who have pvp dislike enabled because they will mostly spawn together in the areas with a lot of guards. and if a pvp player enter that zone he will think 5 times before attacking a group with a lot of powerful guards.

and there would be still the possibility to kill a boter if you are 2 people and if he is afk all time

2. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

problem solved open world pvp but pvp dislike guys are still pretty save.

3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Actually the system will work similar to that (I don't know about the guards, but mixing pvp people with other pvp people and that).

4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The guards have nothing to do with PvP. They have everything to do with the virtues. You can PvP right in front of the guards if it is virtuous.

Removing the guards is to remove the virtues.

Sir Cabirus and DizzySol like this.
  5. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

so when you see this area is full of guards u might go to the next area maybe there are more pvp interested people and less or no guards.

or make it that the pvpers have to fight for terretory that there faction farmers can farm save there. maybe change save areas from 9-12 this area is havy guarded from 12 16 o clock guards partoll arround the mines or smth like that that there wont be save zones, a pvper will never see because he is not interested in an area where it is never allowed to pvp.

when a faction own an area or mine they can set guards for 3 h a day , when they own more mines and places there will be a save place to go for our farmers the whole day ,if they inform themself where to go.

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I would not play under this system and it would be a violation of the promise that PvP will be consensual.

7. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

:( and i think if there are save areas to farm there will be botters who ruin the economy . why there sre so many non pvpers who want an online game just for pve. i mean crafting would be much less interesting if u wont loose your stuff already. and pve is 10000 times better in an offline game .

why they didnt promised that you can only save farm stuff in offline mode which cant be transfered online that would have made sense

Casteel likes this.
  8. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

let us see the pvp release, but from what i have heared so far there is a target baised and not aim based system . there are no hitboxes and melee fight is autoattacking and not mount and bladechivalery stile . so maybe the most pvpers wont be interested , i mean this system fitted uo but a 3d game im not sure hope they implemented at least some kind of buttom clicking system ala age of conan

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Why does every PvP player seem to believe the majority of the market is PvP, and the majority of PvP players think exactly as they do about what is the right and proper way to PvP?

10. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

C'mon, folks...keep the generalization-flinging to a minimum.

As in zero.

Nobody has a monopoly on opinion.

Duke NRaas likes this.
  11. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

Doesn't this question answer itself? Of course non-PvPers would want a PvE-focused game, just as surely as PvPers would want a PvP-focused game.

What's interesting is the inadvertent admission that there are "so many" non-PvPers about. That's not something you'd expect to see if PvE were something with only niche appeal.

12. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

This statement always confuses me. I can see many ways to ensure there are no BOTs and none of them require the customer to be the ones to do anything.

If there are BOTs, let the dev's and staff handle it.

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  13. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

yeah but if you look at the awesomeness of some coop games (so also playable with friends) have more to offer pve wise in terms of scripted events during the fight and animations.

or im wrong with that, that animations and pve in a quality like in this vid can be done in an mmo . sure is expencive no question but if it would work? i mean if pve is that awesome peple would maybe play it only for pve . but if it cant be done pvp remains the biggest endgame component , do you think people will subscribe to keep there house alive if there is no endgame content ??

i mean when there are not hitboxes and stuff coudnt be better pve enabled through the less server traffic without hitzones ??

14. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

every sandbox game i played was full of bugs exploits and corrupt gms from every indie developer. if staff handle it ok but in most cases people not realy do smth against it in the games i played ultima online was an exception

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Given that this is a true statement (I have to assume it is, as I've no evidence to the contrary), have you ever considered why this might be?

16. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

because 2 developer for a huge game like mortal online is not enough . all staffs and gms are players who are corrupt.

but you see how popular ultima was it was a player who asked his dad for money to make uo in 3d because lord britsh never made it. even the spell book is the same

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

What I see is no large developers trying to repeat what was done with Ultima Online 17 years ago. Attempts have only been made by small, independent teams with limited success.
    Why do you think that might be?

18. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

because the causal players bought wow and there was no real popular well announced alternative. i personally played no mmo except mortal and age of conan for some time . in the other mmos i lost interest after short time. age if conan was impressive because of its combat and finishing moves loved them !!! mortal was imprssive because of its crafting and choices and housing and guild politics. pay the owner of a terretory farm for him and you can save farm there. i love to be forced to communicate with peoples and make friends to survive and make life more easy. i mean there was 15 slots for a alchemi recept 150 ingrediances and the ammount of materials you put in also counted. the best healing multipliers was toxic so you had to netralize the effect with another herb not have healing itself. i experimented month to find a good recept and i got a famous potion seller in the most towns . another profession which would be effected from save zones who would buy the best emergency pots from me

did you played uo didnt u liked the feel of a world that allow everyone to do what he want.

in real life as much as i would like to kill my worst enemys it would have bad cosiquences for me but in a game i want to be able to at least do what i want . who knows maybe a mafia drug dealer and murder want to play sota as a friendly crafter. i think everyone should have the choice to do what he want not only in terms of quests

Casteel likes this.
  19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

This has been discussed many many times here on these forums but since it's been a while...

No, I do not feel a world that allows everyone to do what they want is right. Not when it's at the expense of someone not interested. You may wish to be a drug dealer and murderer and find it fun to kill other players. What about those that you kill, if they do not enjoy human on human violance, are they free to do what they want? No they are not, the must first deal with murderers before they can do anything. Don't get me started on exploits.

SotA has a very workable model. You opt to play with drug dealers and murderers or you opt to not participate.

Oh and I am not going to bother with the corrupt GMs comment, I am going to suggest you don't even go there.

Sir Cabirus and Silent Strider like this.
  20. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

A game that allowed everyone to do whatever they want to others would, sincerely, be an horrible game, something I wouldn't play even if I was paid to do it.

Rules exist for a reason.

Dryxaline and Sir Cabirus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.