Idea on AH / Bazaar

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Silverbee, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverbee

Silverbee Avatar

Here is my idea on AH or Bazaar issue. I think we should have both where AH handle all the commodity goods like food, wood, ore, standard weapon and armor as they are expandable. The bazaar can be used to sell more rare specialized weapon, armor, and jewels, because they are all different. rare and specialized weapon and armor will have a much longer useful life to adjust the high price so players will want take the time to sell and buy them in bazaar to avoid tax in AH. Also, there should be tax on the Bazaar spot. The cheap and expandable weapon and armor will still have their use since we will have decay and will not want to use a epic sword to hurt down chickens and boars. from my point of view, skinning knives, lumber axe, and farming tool all should have useful life to promote trade between different crafting classes.

At the same time, the AH should be limited only to the city it located in. So, a player in city A will not see the posts from city B. This can promote intercity trade and avoid the AH being ruined by some rich players who want to play the AH game.

Travel between city and town should be more dangerous when you are carrying a cart of goods compared with travel alone or in a group. So traders will have to hire bodyguards for protection and increase the risk of being robed, but at the same time increase the potential profit since there will most likely have price difference on commodity goods between a city in the mountain and a city in the woods.

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

In my opinion I don't much like AHs. However if they were to have them, I love your idea about making them city wide not server wide. That seems more realistic, and may give traders a better chance to have their stuff sold.

If you know a guy likes to sell lots of breast plates in one city, then you may want to travel to that city to find one. Then you may have to travel around a bit to find the stuff you need. That just sounds more interesting to me. You may travel around quite a bit not knowing if the stuff you need is available or not. With a server wide AH you find everything available (which is good for power gaming not role play).

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

I don't like AHs, at least in the way MMOs implement them. They add a convenience to players but take the player out of the role-playing experience. RPGs are too often ruined by adding too many conveniences to players.

I like the idea of a kind of open market square, like the Grote Markt in many European cities, which is just a big space surrounded by guild halls, and what I'm guessing the "bazaar" idea is about, though that's not really a term specific to the European milieu that the game is based on.

Trading in the market square would happen one day a week on what was designated as "market day" and would be a completely open market, where anyone could sell their wares at stalls, but would have to pay taxes. Areas around the open market would be given to specific crafts and trades. Then there was an area below the market rows, the "lower market", which was used for peasants to sell their goods. You were forbidden from doing business outside the designated areas, because then you would be avoiding taxes.

http://www.norwich-market.org.uk/Medieval/medieval.shtm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.