Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

identical lots in same zone confusion

Discussion in 'Release 25 Feedback Forum' started by Ancev, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

wasn't sure if I should put this in bug or feedback but, it's a little confusing when you have the same type of lot in the same zone, and you view them in the (U) Lot Deeds menu.

You can zone to the lot to see which one it is, but maybe if you could label/rename the lots in some way?

Also... I wish the Zone to Lot button was on the lower right hand corner. I tend to hit the unclaim lot button occasionally. I'm a left handed person but learned to use a mouse with my right hand. Not a big deal...and I guess the zone to lot feature is going away? So... this post is probably meaningless...
    [​IMG]

Lace, Jack Knyfe, smack and 7 others like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Ancev
    Not meaningless at all, and you are not alone, we have reported this for several releases and it needs repeating. I think this is the 5th time I see this come up outside of my own rants.

The most common request is to be able to add a text tag, that would solve this issue easily and would also help in organizing things.

For us POT owners trying to organize lots and events this is currently a nightmare. I have four village lots in the same area and in the U interface they all look identical.
    I have lost hours and hours several times over the releases just because I've unlcaimed the wrong lot.
    (I thought it would always sort them in the same order so I had written up which was which on a piece of paper - turns out they don't appear in the same order every time...)

My extra on top "easy fix" which would not only help with this but with some other issues as well was for them to implement the "Set Compass Point" button from the Lots user interface the criers show, also on the U interface IF in the same scene.
    That way not only could you see which lot is which by their direction, you can also more easily find your way to a newly established one for new folks.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Spoon @Ancev It is correct that this issue has come up over the course of several releases, and with each thread I will continue to update the existing improvement request I wrote up with the wish to resolve it. It's a known issue. This also lends itself more into the realm of Feedback, so I will be moving this thread to the appropriate forum so it has a chance to be discussed and observed further. Thank you for reporting.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The worst part is if you want to un-claim one of the lots then it's a crap shoot.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Can we have the type of house shown as another column on the Gump?

6. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

In Ultima Online we can give custom names to our homes through the house sign. This would be an easy way to distinguish between houses and to present them to the public too.

Lord Barugon and Spoon like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That would be excellent! Then I could name my house "Kaiju Keep".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.