1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Identify Which "Overworld"

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Bedawyn, May 15, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Twice now I've ended up in Mistrendur accidentally, because I was visiting a nested town in Novia, clicked "Return to Overworld" and ended up on a continent I'm unfamiliar with, with NO MAP, wandering around for minutes trying to find a boat. Neither nested town were reached by boat in the first place.

We get a confirmation before using a teleport scroll. How it reasonable for us to be magically teleported to an entire different continent without even being told it's happening, much less asked whether it's what we want?

At a minimum, we need "Overworld" in those POT connections to be replaced with the name of the actual continent, and if people have interconnected POTs that take you to a different continent, they should either be sea-worthy size boats or ask the player if they want to travel to a new continent, or both. You should never click an inland wagon that used to connect to Novia and be taken somewhere else entirely without any notice that the place you're going is overseas.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Witcheypoo likes this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Really, it would be nice if it always said the region you were exiting to. So instead of "Exit to Overworld" or "Novia" say "Exit to North Paladis" or "Exit to Mistrendur". That gives us a better idea of where we are in the world.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think this is harder than it sounds. the default overworld wagons/boats have generic names because they are are built into the template, which may be being used on any overworld (with any rotation, hence why the exits at the edges are boundary 1, 2, 3, 4 rather than north, south, east, west, and points of interest don't get specific names like northeast lake).

4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I believe @Alley Oop is correct. I have been asking for the ability to rename the Sign Destination so I can setup the names of sections of my island. I also believe that what @Bedawyn experienced was when a connecting travel point (wagon, boat, or balloon) was not fully configured. Setting up towns and their interconnection is a log process as the Devs have said. I would think the fastest way to do it would be to copy/paste/configure an existing one and it may have not been configured fully. I will tell you that I have experienced the same thing in the opposite direction. I was at my POT in Mistrendur and zoned to Overworld and ended up near Solace Bridge. Anyway you should always carry scrolls in case you end up somewhere you don't want to be. As a positive note you now have a new place in your "Teleport to Zone" scroll.

5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

As @Warrior B'Patrick said, I wasn't talking about the intra-scene teleports but the between-scene teleports. And since they're adding other between-scene type teleporters and talking about fabulous new ones to come, then making these ones work right should be doable. I'm not discounting the difficulty of coding, but the game asking itself "Is this destination on the same continent?" then asking the player "Are you sure you want to leave the area and go somewhere hundreds of miles away? shouldn't be that difficult. Even just adding a new color to the scheme would work -- maybe make the destinations in Episode 2 have green fabric instead?

If the nature of the templates really does make it impossible -- then they need to change the way they do templates, because this certainly isn't the only problem that has come up with them. In fact, the first time it happened, it wasn't even on a POT template. I was in a PRT (and NOT one of the cloned ones), and clicked the wagon for a POT that used to be in Novia. If it had been a boat, I might have forgiven the lack of warning that it had moved, but an inland wagon?

Also, scrolls aren't an answer for newbies who often have a hard enough time getting the hang of our geography as it is. How is it going to help the game for newbies who don't even know what Mistrendur is (and don't have episode 2 access) and for whom scrolls may still be scarce to end up there with no idea how they got there or why or how to get back or why they can't enter that adventure scene nearby? Some of them have a hard enough time getting back from Desolis after some "helpful" vet player peer-pressured them there instead of letting them head to Soltown.

6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Bedawyn
    Please keep in mind that this is a bug, it needs to be reported, and it will be be fixed. As for scrolls, you start the game with five scrolls and the ingredients to make a few more with crafting a free recipe. The game is not only about fighting. I keep the world map open in a separate window most of the time just in case. I know that the new lands are not on the map yet but places in my "Teleport to Zone" will usually be and I visit as many cities as I can to increase my options. The teleport issues will be fixed as long as they are reported in the bugs list. Until l then just be prepared and enjoy the journey.

Remember when you entered a dungeon and there was no map? You had to explore and draw it. Have fun and whisper me anytime you need anything if I am on (+8hours eastern USA time)

7. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I appreciate the offer, @Warrior B'Patrick, but this isn't about me. I can deal with inconvenient and stupid problems. A newbie -- who doesn't receive Zone scrolls and might not be interested in the whole use-people-as-teleporters thing, or who might not yet have realized that that's why they're being constantly tapped by strangers -- is more likely to just chalk it up as one more stupid confusing thing that makes the game seem even more buggy than it is. Even if they DO have a Zone scroll on them, they'll still end up more confused about how they got there and why there are no NPC towns and why they can't enter the adventure scenes.

And if I actually thought it was a bug, I'd have put it there. But I've no reason to believe it's not working as intended, until a dev says so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.