Impossible recipes for low level crafters

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Mitch [MGT], Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

My apologies if this has already been answered but I've been curious about this for a while.

When you're just starting out as a lowly "lvl 1" crafter, is there anything in place that's stopping you from attempting to craft recipes that are deemed "high level"?

What I mean by this is, say I start a new character and I'm going to train up blacksmithing. If another player gives me the resources to craft Epic Plate Chestpiece as an example, or teaches me that recipe, is there something in place that would stop me from attempting that? Would my recipe book indicate 0%? 1%? Would it be "difficult" or "impossible" considering a RNG system COULD actually allow a chance (an extremely low chance) of success?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

You will see a lot of failures, and you will waste a lot of "fuel", but you can make anything, eventually, if you have the right tools and ingredients. Your failures will also level the crafting skills you are using if you have them set to gain and have exp in your pool to spend.

Katrina Bekers, Lace, Leelu and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.