In game costs of owning/having a POT

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Spoon, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I think the ghost town effect will be mitigated by a redesign of the NPC towns. I suggested a few months ago that if certain NPC towns were to disappear or be downgraded in size that the community would be none the wiser. I 'know' this could be true as we've only been able to visit a few towns in the Hidden Vale. The main towns that we recognise on the main map are unlikely to change though.

2. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

I think the biggest questions are..

(1) Will be able to place in all cities there are a few i haven't seen i don't think they are up yet. And yes the size we are talking about will a lot of players needed to fill.

(2) What is the pricing in gold for lots and homes ect. That will be a big factor in choosing to buy lots and homes as a addon or buying with ingame gold.

(3) Same as above how much ingame gold = 1 usd?

3. Owens Casey

Owens Casey Avatar

There should be a mechanism to auto collect taxes if you own a player founded town. that goes for products sold and land tax.

This adds a interesting twist because if someone keeps upping taxes it could cause a revolt. Maybe the residents slaughter all the towns wildlife without permission.
    This would make the town constable and the noble town presence to be a t odds with the peasants and the residents.

This would make for some interesting drama!

----------------------

on another note if this game is a success, property will be at a huge demand.

Sir Tim likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Another comment regarding Player Owned Towns, some people purchased them to have their own living space with no hassle, and are not interested in charging rent or taxes. That would depend on the Landlord. Now having a themed Player owned Town is a huge dream for many who have purchased them, but that is still to be determined as to how much of that dream will come true. **cheers**

Tahru and Lord Baldrith like this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Completely agreed.
    For those that already are a close knit group of friends which don't mind giving access to each others lots this is a dream come true.

Where I'm coming from is that I will create an open town, with no taxes of any kind for residents, but I also want some public buildings for visitors and residents alike.
    That means that I can use my own lots for this purpose but not much more than that.
    Which is fine for me, I don't need much private space and like the idea of sharing my space with others.

But for those not like me that will be a hurdle to creating living POTs.

majoria70 and Lord Baldrith like this.
  6. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

player owned towns really should have come with at least one deed, you could have someone having bought a town and not able to actually put a house in it because they don't own a deed. They could have made it such that it was a deed ONLY valid for that town

Lord Baldrith and Spoon like this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Agreed.
    Or if the POT owner got access to the NPC housing it would amount to the same thing.
    That way an NPC inn could be decorated by the POT, or have a backroom for town meetings or such.

Tahru and Lord Baldrith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.