Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed[AFK label remains on character nameplate for a minute or more even when running

Discussion in 'Player Characters, Animations, & Emotes' started by Kelly O'Shay, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

5/12/2018 1:55 AM
    Title: AFK label remains on character nameplate for a minute or more even when running and getting devotional buffs
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: AFK should be removed from nameplate when I come back to keyboard and start interacting with my character, but it is not
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Leave keyboard alone for a minute or two until your avatar sits and is marked AFK
    2. Use w key to run, control direction with mouse.
    3. Run and bounce off things like devotionals (and get the devotional buffs) for a while and notice that the AFK remains on your nameplate.
    4. Press space bar to remove AFK from nameplate.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2018
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Virtue Oasis
    Area Display Name: Virtue Oasis
    Loc: (69.7, 38.0, 171.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWaXJ0dWUgT2FzaXN8KDY5LjcyMywgMzgsIDE3MS43MzcpfCgwLCAwLjczNSwgMCwgMC42NzgpfC0yNjguMDU0NnwzMC43NzEyNnwxMC4zMjMyOQ==

The AFK note on my nameplate should disappear when I start running. There is no reason I should be required to jump to remove the AFK note from my nameplate.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I go /afk off and on again all the time (multi tasking) and I don't have to jump for /afk to be removed. So I'm thinking there is another factor we're missing that is contributing to this.
    If you find any other information on this please let us know. While video is AWESOME I do believe it is happening - just a matter of figuring out why it happens to some and not to others.
    @Kelly O'Shay

3. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

When I created this bug, I was able to run forward with the w key and the afk didn't come off. Now, that method is removing the afk flag.

I tested another method that is now leaving the afk flag on the avatar:

Go afk then using only the two mouse buttons to move, go forward. Using the two mouse buttons and moving the mouse left and right you can run around with the afk label still on your avatar. See that the afk label remains on your avatar until you jump or do other actions.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  4. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

i've now experienced the AFK not cleared by movement, cleared by jumping bug twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.