Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] agriculture not working

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by apokolip, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

@Attenwood @Lexie any word on this? Super annoying to have to log in and out when I switch properties....

2. Azhai

Azhai Avatar

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

We still cannot repro, and there are plenty others who cannot repro it either. So while that's good in a way, that also makes it harder to figure out what is going on for those of you who actually are affected. :(
    For those of you who tend to run into this problem, please use /debug prior to farming. If you see any numbers pop up next to the red X Error (you can ignore the others) when it stops working, we'd like to see what those errors are. On the right hand side you'll see a red tab button. Click it to expand, select the first error message that was triggered when farming broke, then click 'copy to file'. Then you can copy and paste the first error that was generated. Most likely the ones that follow are related so we're looking for the first error triggered when this breaks.

At first I thought this was latency related but I can still farm with latency added to my client.
    I also tried 'spamming' it by farming in a rapid succession, tried overlapping in some areas, etc.

Where are you guys keeping your seeds and water - is it in a nested container?

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

5. Lained

Lained Avatar

I'm not seeing any errors when it happens.
    Just in the main inventory.

My avatar owns all the lots in question.

I've noticed it rarely happens on lot floors and more often on roof tops & in row greenhouses. I thought it might be a z-index issue as @monkeysmack is seeing similar with low land lots working ok but lots on a hill being consistently bad. I suggested trying moving the lot to low land to test the theory but haven't heard of any results yet.

Who can I ping in game the next time it occurs to come and inspect?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Lexie likes this.
  6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I am getting no errors in debug as well. My seeds and water are in the top level of my backpack.

7. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Ive had it happen both in row lot greenhouses, and in planters outside on the ground on a village plot. In my case its happened to the non house owner, but that rules that out.
    Last time I had it happen Id just successfully watered all my plants in rowhouse in the same zone then went to village property to water those ones outdoors and on the first bed of 20 it watered 3 in the bed then failed.
    I then tried the next bed and that didnt register either, Ive tried moving the beds but fastest fix seem to switch modes.
    After mode switching it was only the first 3 in the bed that had watered, although the aoe would have covered the whole bed.
    It can happen when you first try after loading, or after watering some beds on property or not atall, seems to be nothing that triggers it.
    Last it happened growing garlic on a village lot in a 20 size bed. Otherwise its been growing cotton/mandrake/shade in a rowhouse greenhouse (crafted one) in 10 / 20 beds.
    I dont think Ive had it happen with a pot but not sure.

Lexie likes this.
  8. Lained

Lained Avatar

@Lexie I'm seeing the following message in the chat logs, it's as if the batch processing can't see the planting beds/pots as you get the same message when you perform the action on an area that doesn't have any.

Code:
    [6/12/2018 4:25:29 PM] You used Water Plants but hit nothing!

Lexie likes this.
  9. Lained

Lained Avatar

@Lexie I've just started seeing this in the debug not sure if it's connect as there's a delay but I was tabbed out of the game and my avatar wasn't doing anything and given it's recursive nature maybe that's the delay?

Code:
    An abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.

Time
    ====
    16:32:21.892

StackTrace
    ==========
    Edit: I didn't see this error upon a failed harvesting I left my avatar for a few minutes to see if it'd occur.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  10. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I don't get an error either when it happens. There is just a new INFO line:

UsedSkill=AgricultureBatchHarvestPlants, HandSlotIndex=8 SP1=484 SP2=173

Time
    ====
    00:18:03.090

StackTrace
    ==========

11. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I think I might have re-produced the problem. If I try to harvest while standing close to the edge of the lot (but still on the lot), the harvest fails. But if I move away from the edge toward the center of the lot and try to harvest the same section, it works. If others could test this, that would be awesome.

12. Lained

Lained Avatar

My greenhouses are around the edge of my keep lot and work OK 99%, the planting beds on the roof which is at the center of the lot fail at least once per harvest.

13. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

The lots on the hill are at a Z height of 75. I just tried on top of my keep house at a Z height of 56 and bulk planting failed. What's the Z height of the roof of your house? If you use /loctrack the middle number is Z.

14. Lained

Lained Avatar

Roof: 58.6

15. InLight

InLight Avatar

mine is reproducible - have not been able to plant since i reported the problem

16. Azhai

Azhai Avatar

For me, sometimes it works like a charm and sometimes I experience the bug. (That is why, as below, a also report under what conditions bug did not occur, maybe we can see a pattern.)

I logged in directly into my house and mass harvesting and watering on the roof of my house did work directly. So no errors to post.

Directly on top level in my character's inventory. No containers involved. (Also the times the bug happened).

City lot, house and planting beds are all owned by my character, the one that does the planting, watering and harvesting.

I have experienced the bug indoors on the top level of my obsidian 3-story row house as well as on it's upper most roof. I have no ground level planting beds to compare, but next time i have to plant I i will try to move one planting bed down first.

17. pyro660

pyro660 Avatar

Im having this issue in Brit Estates. Planters around the edge of the deed. animation works, but nothing happens. I can plant individally though. This deed is owned by another toon and the toon trying to plant is co-owner. When i go to Brit Fields to a deed owned by this toon, everything works fine. Problem is - i dropped a planter in center of deed to test. Havent tested edge.

Guildies keep telling me to log out and back in... doesnt help.

18. Lained

Lained Avatar

Sometimes it takes a few attempts.

19. Azhai

Azhai Avatar

Ok, I think i'm getting something.

Every time I'm logging in my house without leaving it between login and watering, it works.
    Every time I have had left the scene to the overworld map and then returned, i had the bug.

I do not know if I had to log in into the house or if it is sufficient to log into somwhere in town, but i must not leave to / enter from overworld.

I did not get any error from the debug console while watering, but i did get errors when changing between overworld and scene:
    first i got once:
    Code:
    Sub-emitters must be children of the system that spawns them

Time
    ====
    22:14:54.511

StackTrace
    ==========

then i got several pairs of:
    Code:
    GetPixels32 failed: insufficent pixel buffer size (1), must be at least 4 x 4

Time
    ====
    22:15:07.070

StackTrace
    ==========

and
    Code:
    Failed to get pixels of splat texture

Time
    ====
    22:15:07.070

StackTrace
    ==========

The first message i only get on a true change between town and overworld, not when i have also to pass through a siege. The message pairs i get also then.
    Edit: Tested now how it is if I log into the basement of the house. I didn't get the "Sub-emitters" error when entering the house from basment and also don't get the bug.

@Lexie
    Could you please try following procedure to verify the bug:

1. In a POT without devotionals (so no sieges) set up a 3 story obsidian row house.
    2. on it's upper roof, put two small planting beds
    3. plant some mandrake seeds, but do not water them yet (except for the water bucket required for plantiong ofc.)
    4. make sure you still have 8 buckets of water on top level in your inventory.
    4. log out while staying next to the planting beds
    5. log in again and try to mass water one of the beds. This should work.
    6. Now leave town to overworld by walking to the red wagon. Pls do not use dev tools to go to overworld.
    7. Enter, by normal player means, the town again from the overworld and walk back to the planting beds on the roof (normal play walk pls, no dev hacks like mega jumps or flying).
    8. Try to mass water the other planting bed. This should show the progress bar and animation, but fail in the end.

And just for completeness, taken after my last login:
    6/15/2018 10:45 PM
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 32709
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 3949
    SotA.Win.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Crossroads
    Area Display Name: Crossroads
    Loc: (-112.3, 52.5, -248.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfENyb3Nzcm9hZHN8KC0xMTIuMzA0LCA1Mi40NiwgLTI0OC44NTkpfCgwLCAwLjAxOCwgMCwgMSl8LTE2LjE3MzJ8NTQuMzQzNDZ8MTAuNzgxNDg=

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  20. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Again I had this today, on harvesting , this time I didnt log and retried many times . I found on the ones around the outside of my village house that moving as close in helped but its not distance from edge Imo as Ive had it in beds in middle of rowhouse greenhjouse.
    I think it might be Z axis related, or possibly some sync issue when the instance was created as switching mode always seems to fix it.
    When I managed to succeed today on ones that failed before I was standing on the wood frame in the middle of the long edge and to get successful harvest on ones that failed I made sure I was targeting the soil level with the aoe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.