Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Can move items without permissions through open personal chest in guild house

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Analias, May 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Analias

Analias Avatar

5/5/2018 6:04 PM
    Title: Can move items without permissions through open personal chest in guild house
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: While in my guild house basement (I am just member) I dropped a personal chest to see the capacity. When I went to pick it up and put it back in my inventory I was able to pull up items through it from else where and place them. These are items I do not own or should have permissions to move. Once I dropped them I could not move them from where the dropped.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12) System RAM: 32743
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: BasementSceneMedievalCity_5Floor
    Area Display Name: City Stone & Timber 5-Story Basement
    Loc: (16.6, 3.3, 17.4)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZU1lZGlldmFsQ2l0eV81Rmxvb3J8fCgxNi42NDMsIDMuMzUsIDE3LjQ0OCl8KDAsIC0wLjQ4LCAwLCAwLjg3Nyl8MjcxLjQ5OTh8MjMuNDQ2MTd8My45MzU2MzE=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Could you possibly /loc at the location of the basement hatch? Since basements create a unique instance, I'd have to use the hatch to see the particular basement this happened in. Basements are a little different that way, sorry to say...
    @Analias

I assume the items remained where they 'dropped' after a client restart? I suspected this could be a client side bug.

3. Analias

Analias Avatar

@Lexie

Yes, I was standing directly at the base of the entrance ladder of the basement. I had dropped a chest that I had just made to check the capacity. Side note, you may want to add the number of slots in the description to items that have the ability to store items.

When it initially happened I was surprised that I release the left mouse button and the item pulled through the box disappeared. I assumed it was due to the placement being red, not green. The second time I tried, I was able to drop the item where it turned green and it stayed. Since I did not have permissions on the item I placed, I left the basement and it was still where I dropped it. Later (~1hr) I came back into the basement and the item was gone. I don't know if it reset due to me leaving the basement and the instance being shutdown, or if someone with permissions came in and moved it.

I will try to get you a location when I'm in game tonight. If it helps, it was Markee Dragon's basement in the guildhouse in Crossroads. The hatch is located just behind the base of the stairs leading up to the Elven Home that is our guildhouse.

-Analias

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.